Annual GST Return Filing Due Date Extended Further
Recently at the 35th GST Council Meeting that was held on 21st June 2019, the due date for Annual GST Return filing was extended. The due date was extended to 31st August 2019, which has now approached.
Once again, the GST department has further extended the due date for the Annual GST Return filing in Form GSTR-9 for FY 2017-18 to 30th November 2019. This has truly given all the taxpayers having GST registration a sigh of relief.
1. What decision has been taken regarding GST Return Filing?
The GST Council has now further extended the due date for Annual GST Return filing for FY 2017-18 in:-
- Form GSTR-9
- Form GSTR-9A for taxpayers who have GST registration in Composition Scheme and
- Form GSTR-9C Reconciliation Statement or GST Audit Report
The current due date for filing of the Annual GST Returns is now 30th November 2019.
2. What was the previous Annual GST Return filing due date?
The Annual GST Return filing in Form GSTR-9 & 9A has to be filed till 31st December every year.
- However, the due date of GSTR-9 for FY 2017-18 was earlier extended to 31st March 2019.
- The deadline was extended further to 30th June 2019.
- At the 35th GST Council Meeting, the Annual GST Return filing due date was further extended to 31st August 2019.
- Now, the GST department has once again postponed the deadline to file GSTR-9 for FY 2017-18 to 30th November 2019.
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.