DIR-3 KYC Form Due date has Approached
Very recently, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) had notified that a new form i.e. DIR-3 KYC has been introduced, wherein every director holding a Director Identification Number [DIN] has to update his personal details to the RoC on an annual basis.
The DIR-3 KYC Form Due date has now approached. It is 30th of September 2019.
1. What is the purpose of a new form i.e. DIR-3 KYC?
The main purpose behind filing of the DIR-3 KYC form is to conduct an annual KYC of all the Directors of the Indian companies and LLPs. This is to update the database of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs with respect to the directors holding DIN. This e-form was earlier introduced as a one-time form. Now, the MCA has made it mandatory to be filed on 30th April of every financial year.
As a matter of fact, the Form DIR-3 KYC due date 2019 has now been further extended to the 30th of September 2019.
2. Who needs to file e-form DIR-3 KYC?
All the directors holding DIN holder who fulfills any of the following conditions has to file the E-form DIR-3 KYC:
- He has been allotted the DIN during the financial year 2018-2019 OR;
- He has not filed E-form DIR-3 KYC in the preceding financial year OR;
- He wishes to update his contact details and e-mail ID on the MCA portal.
3. Why file e-form DIR-3 KYC?
Non-filing of e-form DIR-3 KYC can have heavy consequences. In the case of failure to file the DIR-3 KYC before the due date of 30th September 2019:-
- The director of the company shall be disqualified and his DIN status shall be shown as 'deactivated' over the MCA portal.
- Upon deactivation of the DIN status, such a director will not be able to become a director in any other company and won’t be able to timely file any ROC form. This will cause further penalties for his company as well.
- For reactivation of the DIN status, such a director shall pay a late fee of â‚¹5,000/-.
4. How to file e-form DIR-3 KYC?
As per the guidelines of MCA, filing of e-form DIR-3 KYC is segmented into 2 categories:
- Category 1:
- Filing their DIN-KYC for the first time OR
- In case of a director already having filed the DIN-KYC, but now wants to update his DIN details.
- Category 2:
- DIN-KYC has been already filed last year AND no update is required in the DIN details.
5. What are the documents required for e-form DIR-3 KYC?
Given below are the documents required for e-form DIR-3 KYC:
- PAN or Aadhaar Card is required as a valid ID proof of the Director for DIN KYC.
- Passport of the Director is needed as his proof of nationality.
- One Passport size photograph of the Director.
- DSC or the Digital Signature of the director is needed over the form DIR-3 KYC.
6. How can I file my DIN-KYC?
We can help you easily file your e-form DIR-3 KYC on time. Our dedicated professional team will assist in every step of filing DIN-KYC.
If you have any further query regarding the e-form DIR-3 KYC form or annual compliance of private company, feel free to contact our business advisor at 8881-069-069.
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.