GeM registration for the Fire Extinguisher Dealers
Delhi, the capital of India, with its ever-growing population in remote and congested localities and utterly unplanned urban development has consistently been prone to severe fire hazards. Typically, lack of planning and improper electrical wiring in the localities is the prime cause behind the outbreak of such fire hazards. The fire hazards have now been further increased with the expansion of industries and the development of multi-storeyed structures in the National Capital Region (NCR) of Delhi. These largely include many govt offices as well. Huge numbers of such elevated structures in the capital have not yet been equipped with ideal fire preventive or fire fighting arrangements, which are considered to be very essential from the fire safety perspective. Thus, the govt departments do urgently require the supplies of different types of fire fighting of equipment at the new establishments. The manufacturers and suppliers of such fire fighting equipment can directly connect to the govt authorities and supply their products to them if they have a GeM registration.
First, we must understand how the extent of fire-fighting measures implemented by the government.
1. How are the fire-fighting laws enforced by the government?
In order to guarantee the safety of the high rise structures and the life of their occupants, the Building Bye-laws were adopted and were properly notified by the Delhi Administration on 23rd June 1983. Since then these Building Bye-laws have been further amended from time to time so as to make them up to date.
To effectively implement these bye-laws on the ground level, the govt departments need sufficient supplies of the fire extinguishers. The government has launched an advanced B2G portal called GeM where it directly procures such supplies from the manufacturers and suppliers having GeM registration.
Know how to sell products on Government e-Marketplace.
2. Where there is a requirement for fire extinguishers?
There’s no doubt that fire extinguishers are needed at all the establishments. Whenever a fire hazard takes place, the investigation afterward includes various issues, for example,
- Fire-resistant development;
- Absence of precautionary maintenance like
- Upkeep of extinguishers,
- fire entryways,
- fire exits and
- their markings and assembly areas;
Net overlook of safety procedures, for example,
- evacuation bores; and
- Absence of recording of huge consideration for a better response towards flammable materials, and their use in cladding and segment dividers.
All the above products and services are components of the complete fire fighting mechanism. The government authorities procure the components of the complete fire fighting system from the manufacturers, suppliers and service providers who are having GeM registration.
3. How to become a supplier of fire fighting systems on the GeM portal?
We know that commercializing a hazard is not a good thing at all! Still, you can run a Good Samaritan business of fire hazard management by obtaining a GeM registration. Initiating a fire extinguisher business can prove to be a very worthwhile industrial opportunity. Especially in the regions where there are great chances of commercial and residential structures.
On the off chance that you establish a reliable client base, you can likewise make more money through your services, for example,
- Supplying new fire extinguishers
- Recharging the existing fire extinguishers.
Now beginning this type of business involves breaking down the competition, creating a business plan, getting the requisite licenses, finding a suitable area and pulling in the potential customers. Now of you have a GeM registration, most of these aspects will be covered very easily, as geM portal is an interactive interface that helps you easily-
- find Govt buyers,
- apply to tenders,
- participate in reverse auctions and
- gaining great business opportunities instantly.
4. How does govt Procure Supplies on the GeM portal?
The Government offices, unlike private companies, are required to procure goods and services for their own operations as well as office purposes through a process called public procurement.
- Public procurement is commonly called government tender. In this process, the central govt, state governments, and PSU industries place tenders to procure the goods & services from the private sellers or the manufacturers.
- In the process of Government procurement, some strict procedures and guidelines are required to be followed. These are made to ensure that the entire process of Public procurement is reasonable, well-organized, and honest and this minimizes the on-site of public resources.
Hence, there’s an immense scope of the GeM registration for the manufacturers and suppliers of fire fighting equipment.
If you need any sort of guidance regarding the process of GeM registration, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.