Government launches Eat Right India Movement 2019
There is no doubt that the topmost food safety regulator FSSAI has always strived for the constant enhancement of food safety compliance among the food businesses all over India. The main motive behind these constant efforts of the food licensing authority is to ensure proper compliance i.e. FSSAI registration and FSSAI license is fulfilled by the FBOs in India, and that food safety norms and standards are being duly implemented, so that safe & healthy food is available to consumers.
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has taken numerous measures towards this goal. Last year, FSSAI had begun the Eat Right India Movement 2018.
With a view to raising the concern towards food quality in India, the honorable Union minister of health & family welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan has again started the Eat Right India Movement 2019 on 5th September 2019.
1. Objective of Eat Right India Movement 2019
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India will be conducting the Eat Right India Movement 2019 with the aim to take crucial preventive measures for healthcare. The objective is to incite social & behavioral change through the following ways:
- Implementation of regulatory measures such as ensuring FBOs possess validFSSAI registration & licenses.
- Moderate interference of FSSAI for creating awareness and capacity building among the food businesses as well as citizens.
2. Effectiveness of the Movement
Undoubtedly, the government’s drive is deemed to be as effective as it was last year. Apart from being backed by the Health Ministry of India, the Eat Right India Movement 2019 is aligned with the other 3 key government schemes, viz.
- PM's Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment (POSHAN) Abhiyaan,
- Anemia Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan,
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana and
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan.
There are 3 major pillars on which the Eat Right India Movement 2019 will be centered upon:
- Eat Safe,
- Eat Healthy and
- Eat Sustainably
3. Important measures under the movement
Some crucial measures shall be taken by FSSAI this year under the Eat Right India movement in the interest of food safety and health of the citizens. Some of these measures are as follows:
- FSSAI has defined a limit for total polar compounds (TPC) in cooking oil @ 25%. This is to avoid the adverse impacts of reused cooking oil.
- FSSAI has already notified the regulations on ‘advertising and claims’ and mandatory menu labeling.
- As a part of its mission of Trans-fat Free India by 2022, FSSAI has brought regulations to reduce the limit of trans-fats in all kinds of oils, fats, and food products to less than 2%.
- FSSAI has already banned plastic packing. Now, it is promoting the use of bamboo as an alternative to plastics.
4. Training of FBOs
Under the Eat Right India Movement 2019, FSSAI had launched the Food Safety Training and Certification (FoSTaC) initiative. Under this, food safety inspectors supervising food businesses having FSSAI registration were given training on capacity building as regards food safety management. Over 1.7 lakh food safety supervisors were trained and certified.
To conclude, FSSAI’s Eat Right India Movement 2019 has already gained momentum and will surely attain great success this year.
If you need any kind of assistance regarding the process of getting the FSSAI registration procedure, feel free to contact our business advisor at 8881-069-069.
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.