How does ISO 22000:2018 works well with paperless inspection management?
The ISO certification 22000 has indeed been much impactful in undertaking various foodborne hazards that have been entering the supply chain due to various natural and manmade factors.
However, the food safety experts have perceived that in the recent scenario, some newfangled perils to food & health safety have come up and have alarmed the general public. These are in the form of pathogenic infections owing to unhygienic surroundings. The conventional food business operators (FBOs) have been unable in combating these new and complex threats in the food processing industry. In order to do away with such new risks to food safety management, the International Organization for Standardization has introduced the latest edition of the food safety benchmark, i.e. the ISO 22000:2018.
Apart from the aspect of risk management, what makes the new version of this ISO certification truly avant-garde, is its compatibility with paperless inspection management.
#1. What are the new features of ISO 22000:2018 introduced?
The recently phased in ISO 22000:2018 has many unprecedented aspects, such as-
- Risk-based approach
- More compatibility to other ISO standards
- Higher recognition
And last, but not the least
- Compatibility to the Digital surveillance system
#2. How is ISO 22000:2018 more compatible to other ISO standards?
The latest version of ISO certification 22000 lays due stress on a High-Level Structure. The aspect of the High-Level Structure is common to the chief ISO standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 20000. This makes it easier for the organisations to combine ISO 22000 with all these management systems.
#3. How does the new version of ISO certification 22000 ensure better QMS?
Apart from the feature of compatibility, ISO 22000:2018 can be easily integrated with various strategies of quality management, namely-
- PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) Cycles,
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points),
- HARPC (Hazard Analysis and Risk-based Preventive Controls) and
- SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, & Threats) analysis.
This makes it more conducive to QMS Enhancement.
#4. What makes ISO 22000:2018 more compatible with paperless inspection management?
The updated version of ISO 22000 works best with a paperless inspection management system.
- As a matter of fact, it is now quite easier to upgrade this new version of ISO certification over-the-air. Inculcating updates from earlier regulations or installing new guidelines is now quite easy with smartphones via Digital surveillance applications.
- A simple smartphone or a tab used for inspection, audits and QMS assurance can be updated easily via Wi-Fi with new material.
- Besides, the Reference material and important notes can be instantly provided to internal & external auditors.
#5. How does ISO 22000:2018 ensure easy digital compliance?
The upgraded ISO certification for food safety has all that makes compliance all the more easy & hassle-free.
- Now, the documents can be manually sent to concerned parties through Wi-Fi and can be automatically shared with the right people.
- The same applies to the surveillance stage. Inspectors and auditors can use customized triggers that react specifically to ISO standards.
Note: ISO 22000 standard is generally conferred to those preferential FBOs who possess a valid food license. In this regard, FSSAI Registration is much helpful in easily obtaining the ISO certification for food safety.
#6. What are the benefits of paperless inspection in ISO 22000:2018?
Among the evident benefits of paperless inspection are-
- Easy compliance: It’s quite easy to update the new benchmark or introducing ISO 22000:2018 for the first time with the paperless inspection management system. It’s all about opening files on a computerized network.
- Easy modifications: The organizations can now get easily informed regarding corrective actions from the accreditation bodies. These can be instantly suggested and implemented thereof.
- Eco-friendly aspect: No wonder the paperless inspection management system makes helps in cutting back paper consumption on account of the conventional documentation process. This helps you fulfil the key objective of ISO 14001.
With all these benefits of paperless inspection management system, it’s now time to switch to the all-new ISO 22000:2018 management system standard.
In case you need any help regarding ISO Certification you can connect with us at 8881069069.