How to Obtain ICSE Board Affiliation for a School in India?
In India, schools are treated like shrines of enlightenment. They are generally run as not for profit organizations. However, with the advent of globalization, many international schools have also entered the scene. Despite that, the public schools have not lost their importance due to their student friendly curriculums. Recent statistics have revealed that in Delhi on an average of 14 lakh students get admitted to the public schools in different classes every year. A school is only recognized if it is a subsidiary of or has been affiliated from a prominent board, for example, the CBSE or the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CICSE) board. In India, there are some strict laws and guidelines that are should have been followed for getting a school affiliated under the ICSE BOARD.
So let us understand all the laws that are pertinent for the ICSE BOARD affiliation of any school.
1. Indian Laws relevant to establish a School in India
As indicated by the Indian bye-laws, private sector commonages can't open a new school in India. The school has to be formed by an association of people. The same has to be registered as a society under the provisions of the Societies Act of 1860 or as a social trust that has been instituted under the Public Trust Act of the respective state where the school has to be opened.
- If a private company is intended to set up a school in India can, in like manner it can set up an association as prescribed by the provisions of Section 8 of the Companies Act 2013. All of these establishments must ensure that the school has been set up as a not for the profit-making body.
- Be that as it may, besides these, there are some particular prerequisites expected to be followed for the ICSE BOARD connection of another school. These particular necessities will be talked about underneath.
2. Introduction to ICSE board
ICSE is an abbreviation for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education. The annual senior secondary examination held by this board is coordinated by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CICSE).
CICSE is an autonomous board of school education in India that conducts Class X and Class XII board examinations. The ICSE examination is similar CBSE with a few differences. Only the regular student can sit in the ICSE board examination. The evaluation is done in the percentage of marks.
Also, know how to get your School Affiliated from CBSE?
3. Which are the documents needed for ICSE board affiliation of a school?
The further advance requires authenticating the reports with the application structure to get the association.
- No Objection Certificate
- Acknowledgment Certificate
- Registered Land Certificate
- Registration certificate of organization/society/trust/establishment
- Legal statement for declaration of non-commercial nature of school
- Land Registry papers and/or rent deed
- Fire Safety Certificate
- Hygiene and Sanitation Certificate
- Safe Drinking Water Certificate
- Building Safety Certificate (includes fire safety and earthquake resistance)
- Asset report/Financial Status for the most recent three years
- Compensation paid through ECS/Check
- Foundation subtleties photos (All labs, top view top of a school including a playground and 4 sides of the boundary)
- Staff Salary Certificate
- Staff PF slip (hence, PF registration is also needed)
- Saving Fund (Jointly for the sake of Secretary of ICSE and School Manager/President/Principal)
- ESIC registration
5. Mandatory EPF registration
Getting a PF registration is a mandatory requirement for obtaining the ICSE board affiliation of a school. This is because a slip for Staff EPF deduction (which is the Latest EPF Challan in the name of school) has to be submitted along with the application for ICSE board affiliation. And this document can be generated only if the EPF registration has been obtained by the school.
6. Compulsory ESIC registration
Similarly, the ESIC Registration is compulsory documentation required for all those sorts of establishments and some special kind of establishments that are employing 10 or more than 10 permanent employees on their payroll.
More to the point, the ESIC registration is an indispensable condition in case the remuneration of the workforce is below the minimum limit of INR 21,000/- per month. Usually, a school employs many people in the low wage payroll such as peons, security guards, canteen cooks, librarians and sanitation staff, etc.
Hence, the school must possess an ESIC registration in order to get affiliated under the ICSE board. The school must first come under the ambit of ESIC registration.
7. The No Objection Certificate
The No Objection Certificate is supported by the State Education Department. This will doubtlessly communicate or clearly state that the state govt. has no dissent if the school collaborates with the board.
If the main record is in vernacular language, the identical should be translated in Hindi or English close by the name designation and stamp/seal of the giving force. The school chief should give a sworn proclamation on the translation itself that the understanding is the exact elucidation of the primary record and nothing has been incorporated or eradicated from the substance of the principal report.
8. What after ICSE Board affiliation
Getting a declaration of affiliation under ICSE Board isn't sufficient, likewise, it needs to keep up the nature of the training by re-examining and enhancing the accessible assets to give the quality instruction required documentation for the earlier strategies.
A school with operational status is the base prerequisite for getting the ICSE association as the utilization of association requires the database of understudies concentrating in the school and the school personnel. The school likewise requires essential documentation following every one of the rules and bye-laws which the specialists will favor after the intensive review.
These are just a few tips on how to set up a new school in India with ICSE board affiliation.
In case you require any sort of assistance regarding the ESIC registration and EPF registration feel free to contact us at 8881-069-069.
Now, you can download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.