Inner Line Permit for GST registration
Goods and Services Tax (GST) has brought a revolution in the indirect tax system. Now the application of indirect taxes in the country has been made easy as one can easily apply for GST. There is a single tax in all over India. But irrespective of this, there are certain states where you need to take permission before getting GST registration. This is Inner Line Permit and is compulsory for states like Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, and Mizoram. A person whose residential proof is of any part of India (other than AP, Nagaland or Mizoram) then he/she requires ILP for minimum 2 years validity for doing business under these 3 states. ILP condition is not applicable to local citizens of such states. Let’s see what is Inner Line Permit and how does it work in these three states.
Internal Line Permit (ILP) is an official document issued by the Government of that state which permits you to move in the restricted areas of India like Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, and Mizoram. The inner line permit, required by Indian residents to enter Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Mizoram are issued under the Bengal Eastern Frontier Regulation, 1873, by the state governments. It is compulsory for Indian natives from outside those states to get allowed for going into the secured state. So, let’s check for the three states one by one.
Arunachal Pradesh –Government of Arunachal Pradesh has made the process of applying for ILP easy. Now you can simply visit the website www.arunachalilp.com to apply for it. There are certain criteria for application with different fee. Say if you want ILP for a single person then you will have to fill in certain details like date of visit, date of return, local reference details etc and the fees for this is Rs 100. Let us discuss the necessary steps required for this in detail:-
1. Visit www.arunachalilp.com and select the application form as per your requirement.
2. Fill in the correct information as asked in the form. The email id should be valid as your login credentials will be sent on that id.
3. Now, scan the documents and resize them before applying.
4. After submission, the process will be checked and intimated to you after the approval.
5. Once you get approval, a payment link will be sent to your email id. You need to pay within the given time frame.
6. Once you pay and it is approved then a new link will be sent to print out. Take the print out of that document with you as it is necessary to show to the officials when you visit the place.
It should be noted that for single and group permit (primary applicant for group permit) documents like PAN Card, Driving license, Passport, Voter id, and passport size photograph are necessary.
Mizoram – If any resident of India wants to move in Mizoram, then he/she must apply for Inner Line Permit. The validity of this permit can be different depending upon your necessity. Temporary ILP will be provided to you for 15 days which can be extended to next 15 days. In case of Normal ILP, you will be permitted for 6 months which can be extended for next 6 months. It can be obtained from cities like Kolkata, Silchar, Shillong, Guwahati and New Delhi by contacting Liasion officer, Government of Mizoram. If any Government employee is visiting the place on duty, then, it is not necessary for them to obtain ILP as they can carry their identity card.
2 copies of passport size photographs are required if you are looking to enter Aizwal district but for other places, you need 3 photographs. Fee for application form is Rs 20 and for processing is Rs 120. If you are looking for renewal then it can be done at District Commissioner’s office located at Treasury Square, Aizawl.
Nagaland – The Inner Line Permit (ILP) Regulation Act (Section III of the Bengal Eastern Frontier Regulation Act of 1873) is in operation in the Naga Hill district(Present Nagaland state) since 1873. It has been proclaimed to protect the personality and the very presence of the indigenous individuals of Nagaland from abuse by Untouchables. The Inner Line Permit is an official travel archive issued by the Government of Nagaland to permit internal go of outsiders and Indian nationals of different states into a secured/confined territory for a constrained period. It is mandatory for each outsider and Indian residents other than Nagaland to acquire allow for going into the ensured territory of Nagaland. This endeavor is an exertion by the Government of Nagaland to direct the overarching issue of Illegal movement and to create crucial insights for Tourism and other between state organizations. The Inner Line Permit isolates the travelers and Govt. the authority of different states from alternate classifications to advance tourism and improvement. Subsequently, a separate Inner Line Permit (ILP) is issued.
One can apply for getting ILP for Nagaland by applying following steps:-
1. Visit http://www.ilp.nagaland.gov.in and go to services section. Select the appropriate category for it.
2. Scan all your documents and passport size photograph in a proper format.
3. Fill in all the necessary details in the form.
4. Fill in the details and submit the form. After successful submission, an application id is generated and the page will be redirected for document verification.
5. An alert will be sent to your phone through SMS.
6. You can keep the application form for future reference.
7. Provisional ILP is for 30 days and for this printout of the form is not necessary.