ISO brings Global Standard for Educational Institutions
It is beyond doubt that the ISO standards have their impact on various spheres of the economy. Within the specific domain where they are implemented and applied, these ISO management system standards enable organizations in their overall development and proficiency. No doubt, there are different benefits of getting an ISO certification, as per the scope of business activity, and span of operation.
We all know that Human Resource management is the backbone of any organization. ISO has recently released the world’s first ever Standard for the Human Resource Management, i.e. the ISO 30414, in order to inculcate best HR management practices.
But what is there at the core of an efficient Human Resource? Of course, its efficient education system. With a view to putting emphasis on the good education system, ISO has introduced the global standard for educational organizations, i.e. ISO 21001:2018.
1. What is all about ISO 21001:2018?
ISO 21001:2018 is a global benchmark introduced by International Organization for Standardization (ISO), which specifies the requirements for an effective educational organizations management system (EOMS).
2. What are the requirements of a good EOMS?
The requirements of good EOMS are very precise and clear. For an educational organization to attain a desirable EOMS, it needs to do the following:
- As a basic requirement of ISO 21001:2018, an educational organization must focus on using a curriculum that enables the development of proficiency by the way of teaching, learning or research, irrespective of the nature, scale or procedure of implementation.
- Demonstrate its potential to work on the gradual development of proficiency by the way of teaching, training, learning, and research.
- Enhance the satisfaction of the learners, i.e. the pupils and other beneficiaries. This is very much similar to ISO certification 9001 that focuses on client satisfaction. Hence, this is compatible with ISO 9001.
- Additionally, through the effective implementation of ISO 21001 EOMS, the aim must also be to satisfy the staff or personnel.
3. How is ISO 21001:2018 relevant?
The ISO certification for educational organizations is relevant as-
- There is a critical and constant need in educational organizations such as schools, colleges, universities, institutes, training centers, and research organizations for evaluation of their procedures to meet the requirements of learners.
- Moreover, other relevant stakeholders such as educational authorities also need this ISO standard to improve their ability to implement the desired EOMS within their domain.
4. Whether ISO 21001:2018 is applicable only to educational organizations?
No, the ISO 21001:2018 is relevant in educational organizations existing within big corporations as well, where core business activity is not education and is instead professional training development.
5. Where is ISO 21001:2018 not applicable?
ISO 21001:2018 EOMS standard does not apply to the organizations that are involved in only the production or manufacturing educational products such as stationery manufacturers, book publication houses, booksellers, and printing presses.
With that, its quite clear how relevant is ISO 21001:2018 for development of processes for improvement of the educational system and ensuring fulfillment of the requirements of learners and trainees.
If you require any kind of assistance on the process of getting ISO certification procedure, feel free to contact our business advisor at 8881-069-069.
Now you can easily avail online ISO certification services at the following zones:-
|ISO Certification in Delhi||ISO Certification in Pune||ISO Certification in Gurgaon|
|ISO Certification in Chennai||ISO Certification in Mumbai||ISO Certification in Bangalore|
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.