PAN-Aadhaar Card Linking Deadline Approached!
It is beyond any doubt that an Aadhaar identification number is a medium to apply for a number of social security benefits and other key developmental schemes. Apart from that, many financial benefits can be availed by any citizen only if his 12 digit Aadhaar Unique Identification Number (UIN) has been linked with his bank account as well as his PAN card. However, the most common reason for the interlinking of PAN number with Aadhaar UIN is easy and fast income tax return filing.
Recently, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) had announced that the deadline for the linking of PAN card with the Aadhaar UIN, for the purpose of income tax return filing is 31st March 2020.
The PAN-Aadhaar Card linking deadline is now approaching. Failure to link PAN to Aadhaar Card can lead to a heavy penalty and other severe consequences.
1. What if PAN-Aadhaar Card not linked within the deadline?
In case the PAN card is not linked to Aadhaar Card within the due date of 31st March 2020, the following consequences will be faced:-
- The PAN card not linked with Aadhaar will become inoperative from the 1st of April 2020.
- The Penalty of INR 10,000/- will be charged for possessing an invalid/inoperative PAN card.
2. What issues will be faced due to the non-linking of PAN to Aadhaar?
An individual with an invalid PAN will face hindrances in many financial transactions such as banking transactions, buying or selling of a property, investments in stocks and mutual funds.
3. How to check whether PAN is linked to Aadhaar Card?
In order to check whether PAN is linked to Aadhaar Card, you need to follow The Below Steps To Check The Status Of Your Pan Card Seeding With Aadhaar:-
- Visit Income Tax India e-filing govt. portal.
- Enter PAN and Aadhaar Number
- Click on 'View Link Aadhaar Status'
- The status of the linking is displayed in the next screen
4. How can I link my PAN with Aadhaar?
We can help you easily link your PAN with Aadhaar UIN. ur professionals will help you easily link your PAN card with the Aadhaar card.
If you need any assistance in Aadhaar-PAN linking, Income tax return filing, or PAN registration please feel free to contact our business advisor at 8881-069-069.
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.