Role of ISO Certification for the Internal Security Mechanisms
The hustle & bustle of today’s frenzied urban life has necessitated the private security services for almost every household. The rising crime has now made private security one of the most indispensable needs for the busy metros. Very disgracefully, the national capital Delhi is also the crime capital of India, with the highest crime rate of 1050 per 100,000 persons (as per crime statistics 2017). Living in a densely populated metro itself means high apprehension for the security of life & property. That’s why the private security workforce is employed at all establishments. One thing that makes the private security workforce is advanced security devices. Nowadays, such devices can be easily seen in any place in banks, workplaces, housing societies, airports, railways, and educational institutions. There are global benchmarks for the precision & accuracy of such devices. The reliability and quality of such devices can be self-assured by the ISO certification logo in them.
1. What is the requirement of ISO certification for the Security devices?
Undoubtedly, internal security is indeed one’s own private concern and that holds topmost priority for everyone. If you are living in an overcrowded metro, you need the high tech security systems to ensure complete security. One thing that can guarantee this is the proficient internal Security frameworks at your home and office. Furthermore, what can guarantee the unfaltering quality of your Security devices? Obviously, it is the ISO certification!
2. Where are the security devices used?
We all have seen different types of instruments that are equipped with the aim of Security management. Out of these, Video surveillance is the most commonly seen Security device.
- Earlier, it was for the most part utilized by intelligence agencies, forensic labs and all those bodies answerable for crime patrolling, hazard management, and criminological applications and the like.
- Presently it has become the fundamental need for every one of the foundations whether private or business, as a basic method for guaranteeing inward security.
- Other than it is currently used by those security experts for rapidly following the data assembled by different CCTV recordings from explicit zones.
Like all other electrical devices, there is a global benchmark for the reliability and precision of all the Security system devices. Hence, there’s the standard of ISO certification in India that has been framed for such equipment, to ensure that they serve the desired purpose.
3. Which ISO certification standard is applicable for Security systems?
The ISO management system standard for the Security devices is the ISO 22311:2012. This ISO standard is for the Societal security devices — Video surveillance.
4. Why do we need the ISO 22311?
The ISO benchmark ISO 22311 emphasizes on a desirable interoperability profile which includes the following aspects:-
- The exchange plan and least particular essentials that assurance that the modernized video-observation substance conveyed are impeccable with the replay systems,
- Set up an appropriate level of quality and contain all the setting information (metadata) significant for their taking care of.
- Apart from that, the ISO 22311:2012 is critical for social security that present and future video-observation systems execute this interface to allow capable logical planning of the material made, as often as possible in massive sums.
- This Global ISO Standard in like manner contains courses of action to ensure that safety efforts can be executed to guarantee the benefits of the individuals.
5. Which are other ISO standards for Internal Security systems?
There are many other ISO certification standards framed for Internal Security management. These are given below:
- ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 11, Coding of moving images as well as audio (MPEG format);
- ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 1, Codification of still images (JPEG format);
- IEC/TC 79, Alarm mechanisms and electronic defence (this includes the European corresponding standard CENELEC/TC 79: Alarm systems and electronic security std);
Factually, these global standards have been adopted for the formulation of the ISO 22311:2012 standard.
6. What is the scope of ISO 22311:2012?
This universal benchmark is generally framed for internal security management. It demonstrates a commonplace document group that can be produced using the video surveillance footage arrangement systems. This can be guaranteed to utilize separate devices or large scale mechanisms, by a usable data amassing media or through a framework to allow the end customers to get to cutting edge video-observation substance and play out their fundamental planning. The strategies for exchange are not part of this International Standard.
7. Whom does the ISO 22311 standard impact?
Today the Video footage from the CCTV recording systems is a striking resource for logical assessments. So we can see the ISO certification standard for the Societal security gadgets — Video investigation can propel these structures for the accompanying clients:
- Financial institutions like Commercial Banks,
- Departmental or grocery marts,
- Car-Parking garages and slots
- Housing townships
However, the apprehensive or criminal activities can happen not only here, but elsewhere too, and totally out of the blue!
Rest assured with the ISO certified internal security devices! Now, in case of any suspicious activity, investigators can be well equipped by the ISO certification for the internal security mechanisms for advanced security.
If you require any further assistance as regards the process of ISO certification in India, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.