Role of ISO Certification in the Transport & Logistics Sector
Transportation is indeed the lifeline of the Indian economy. A crucial tertiary sector activity, transportation & logistics provides a link between all other sectors of the economy. It promotes the easy exchange of commodities by breaking away all the barriers to domestic as well as international trade. Now, the transportation of merchandise all over the globe takes place through various channels such as roadways, sea or via air. Naturally, to fulfil the prime concerns are safety, speed, reliability, and cost-effectiveness, one has to conform with global benchmarks such as ISO certification.
1. Why ISO certification is needed for Transport & Logistics?
Transport & Logistics is one of those industries that involve a lot of risks. Mobility of the merchandise from the point of supply to the point of utilization requires the coordinated effort and collaboration of numerous supply chain participators. As a result, there is a high concern regarding the safety & frugality of the logistics services. Only the universally acclaimed benchmarks can assure all the aspects discussed above. Now, here comes the role of the ISO certification in India. An ISO logo will compel the clients that the services provided by the logistics company are as per the globally acknowledged standards.
2. What is the role of ISO certification in Transport & Logistics services?
No doubt, the ISO standards add to the effectiveness of the operations of a transportation & logistics business, and one can actually experience this thing at each and every phase during the supply chain.
- ISO standards are very instrumental in linking the custom ports with railway networks.
- Likewise, the ISO certification standards help in the building of an efficient system that will support linkage between airfreight cargo and roadways transportation network.
- The ISO certification assists in offering much more proficiency in how the consignments are delivered.
- ISO standards are an incredible tool to guarantee cooperation and effectiveness throughout the inventory network. Hence an ISO certified logistics business can make and fulfill the commitment to interlink shipping companies, custom ports, and the end consumers.
3. Which ISO certification standards are suitable for a logistics company?
Many ISO Management System standards have been devised for transportation & logistics businesses. However, the best ones suited for the Transport & Logistics industry are discussed below:
- ISO/TC 104:
This Management System standard is framed for the Freight holders. It mentions detailed specifications regarding all perspectives involved in shipping compartments, from their volume & dimensions to the process of loading and unloading.
The ISO 9001 certification will prove that your logistics services are customer-centric and are focused on delivering steady, and qualitative services. This all-encompassing ISO Standard guarantees that best practices are being followed that help to boost productivity, drive ceaseless improvement and add to the proficiency of the supply chain.
The ISO 14001 Standard will assist you in evaluation, screening and minimizing the adverse environmental impact of your logistics activities. With the help of efficient natural resource management and waste management, you can enhance your corporate image among your clients. This will further help you to expand your clientele and will also help you recognize new cost-saving modes.
- ISO 22301 for Business Continuity Management:
ISO 22301 is the noteworthy ISO certification standard which is for the business continuity system. It discusses upgrading service delivery levels and crisis management. It will help you deliver services timely and frugally despite the adverse circumstances, and guarantee the clients of your capability to convert risks into opportunities.
So these are some of the most dependable ISO Management System standards that are best suited for transportation & logistics businesses.
If you require any sort of assistance about the process of ISO certification in India, feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.