Scope of GeM Registration for Computer Hardware Industry
There’s no doubt that Digital India’s roaring success is evident from the very fact that the IT industry has accounted for 7.7% of India’s GDP. Despite that, the computer hardware industry in India, which serves as the basis of this digital growth is facing tough challenges. Although our government has implanted a lot of resources and efforts on the Make in India and Digital India drive, the electronic hardware is still suffering much. As per the experts, it is largely dependent on imports and lags due to several glitches. In order to boost their growth, computer hardware manufacturers can obtain a GeM registration and directly deal with government buyers.
1. Why do the computer hardware manufacturers and dealer need GeM registration?
It has been noticed that the electronic hardware industry that India still lacks a futuristic approach towards export promotion, despite the Government initiatives like ‘Make in India’ & ‘Digital India’. This has indeed put a lot of burden on the government to give a spur to this sector. One way to revive this sector is to create a link the manufacturers with the government buyers.
Seeing the aforesaid challenges, in many other industries as well, the government had decided to set up a proficient online marketplace for different products and services that can be procured by the Government Organizations & Departments. As a result, the Government e-Marketplace or GeM was launched in 2016.
Today, a manufacturer or a dealer of computer hardware can sell his products easily and quickly to the government bodies if he has a GeM registration.
2. What is the Significance of Government e-Marketplace?
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) today facilitates quick online procurement of essential use commodities that might be urgently required by various Government bodies, organizations and the PSUs. The objective behind the GeM portal is to enhance transparency, efficiency, and speediness in the process of public procurement.
It facilitates various strategies for business growth such as fast e-bidding, reverse e-auctioning and demand aggregation that enables the government buyers to get the best value for their money.
3. Who can be the Government buyers of the Computer hardware?
There are areas where the Government departments may urgently need Computer hardware and peripherals. Here are some of the government buyers of Computer hardware:-
- Educational institutions: The Central and State Government has run many educational foundations, such as Government schools, colleges and IITs and other training centres. In addition to that, numerous computer training centres and computer aptitude development classes have also been set up by various Governments. Here, there is an urgent need for the PCs for all the students learning here. The Government departments procure the devices like PCs, desktops directly from the manufacturers and dealers having GeM registration.
- Government offices: Several Government departments, such as Income tax departments, various ministries, and other divisions. Here, all government authorities and the employees are allotted separate PCs. The Government departments have to procure the entire stock of Computer hardware in bulk quantity from the dealers who have GeM registration and that too with the open procurement process.
- Financial institutions: In various financial institutions such as banks and NBFCs, there is a need for upgraded PCs and other devices that support accurate and rapid transactions. These can only be provided by the manufacturers of the latest state of the art and updated PCs. Here also, the govt. departments procure the Computers and devices directly from the sellers who are having GeM registration.
Therefore, we can clearly observe that the dealers who have a GeM registration as sellers are currently having a huge scope to deliver their products directly to their specific government buyers.
If you need any sort of guidance regarding the process of GeM registration, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.