What is the role of ISO 27001 in Cloud Computing?
The menace of cybercrime and data breach is growing day by day. Today, even the leading multinational corporations are entrapped into the cobweb of the data destruction and cyber hacking, which often impacts catastrophic consequences such as insider trading.
Evidently, the overall management of all confidential data can never come as a runaway victory for any organization. However, the risk of data hacking or data damage can be gradually done away with if there’s an ISO 27001 certified Information Security Management System (ISMS) already in place.
#1. What is the importance of ISO 27001 in Cloud Computing?
It is a well-known fact that we are living in the era of Cloud Computing. Today, almost every other organization is a part of the international Cloud-based servers, wherein multiple organizations entrust the security of their data to a vast shared server and can also run their data over there. Often information saved on such servers is prone to data leakages or disruption due to a technical glitch. This would simply imply creating the data all over again, which we all know is exasperating. Now here comes the role of ISO certification. Under ISO 27001 there are well known international ISO standards that emphasize the reliability of Cloud servers. Most prominent among them is the ISO/IEC 27017:2015.
#2. What is meant by cloud computing?
In technical terminology, ‘cloud’ is simply a host of several servers connected together with the internet that can be leased through a cloud server software. Generally, the Cloud-based services comprise web hosting, data hosting and sharing, besides software and application sharing over worldwide networks.
Basically, in cloud computing, several servers are interconnected to share the load. Now, instead of preferring one single controlling machine (server), this complex process can be allocated across multiple smaller machines.
#3. What is the benefit of cloud computing?
The main advantage of cloud storage is that in this system, there are multiple distributed resources acting as one federated storage cloud. The even distribution of data over a wide network makes a cloud server very foolproof. Besides, this removes the need of creation of various versions of files, as there’s a shared access to all documents.
#4. How can ISO 27001 ensure the reliability of Cloud servers?
One primary concern of all the international companies and their stakeholders is the reliability of cloud services.
- Today, every cloud consumer wants to know how he can obtain services from a cloud server in a way that reduces his burden of data management without hampering his security requirements.
- No doubt, ISO certification 27001 is a universal standard that is widely acclaimed as a benchmark for information security management practices and procedures.
- ISO 27001 has been framed to provide a basis for development, execution, maintenance and frequent revision of an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Together with ISO/IEC 27017:2015, ISO 27001 helps in implementation of a framework for security and control of especially the cloud consumers and providers.
- Now, with an ISO certification 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27017:2015 certified cloud server, an average entrepreneur can easily steer clear of all kinds of cyber risks, i.e. disruption or damage to IT-related data.
- One can now save time & money on preparing and managing the data again and again.
With the security of IT-related private data, an organization can now truly save time and money on recreating and management of the data. Furthermore, this precious time and money can now be used in new development or innovation.
Feel free to contact our business advisor at 8881-069-069. Now you can easily avail online ISO certification services at the following zones:-
|ISO Certification in Delhi
|ISO Certification in Pune
|ISO Certification in Gurgaon
|ISO Certification in Chennai
|ISO Certification in Mumbai
|ISO Certification in Bangalore
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.