Which are the 7 highly effective principles for enhancing QMS as per ISO 9001:2015?
All of us are aware of the fact that the ISO 9001 stands today the globally acclaimed standard for an ideal and progressive Quality Management system.
As a prominent and most sought after Quality standard, ISO 9001 provides a structured framework and principles for ensuring that you apply sensible approaches for various projects and processes within an organisation.
The perfect and immaculate implementation and maintenance of the ISO 9001:2015 QMS can be ensured by an entrepreneur by employing various principles of quality management.
#1. How many principles are there for implementation of ISO 9001?
The ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management system is based on 7 principles that the senior management can employ for organizational improvement and efficiency.
#2. What are these 7 principles necessary for a smooth implementation of ISO 9001?
The 7 principles necessary for an appropriate implementation of ISO 9001 are listed as follows-
- Customer focus
- Leadership principle
- Engagement of the people
- Process approach
- Improvement principle
- Evidence-based decision making
- Relationship Management
#3. What is the correct sequence in which these 7 principles should be applied?
As such, there is no formal order in which these 7 principles should be placed or implemented, as-
- These 7 principles of Quality Management are equally crucial for running an ideal Quality Management system as per the directives of ISO certification 9001.
- Moreover, these 7 principles of QMS enhancement are equally applicable in all product and service-based business organisations.
#4. What is the significance of these principles of Quality Management?
The importance of these 7 principles of QMS enhancement lies in the degree of effectiveness in the implementation and maintenance of the ISO standards that they render to an organisation.
- They serve as important organisational ideas behind actualising the ideal Quality Management system.
- Furthermore, applying these 7 principles of ISO 9001 QMS assists an entrepreneur to extract maximum advantage of the ISO certification.
Customer focus is the most fundamental aspect of the Quality Management system.
Under the principle of Customer focus-
- The organisation is supposed to grasp the needs of their clients, both existing and the potential ones.
- As per their understanding of the clients' needs, the organisation has to align the organizational goals with the actual needs of the clients.
- The end goal is to meet the client requirements.
- In order to measure the degree of client satisfaction, and to manage the strong client relationship, the organisation is supposed to exceed the expectations of the clients.
Leadership is an integral aspect of every type of organisation just as it-
- Establishes a vision and direction for the organisation.
- Helps in running an entity on the basis of organisational values.
- Establishes the element of trust among the personnel as well as the clients.
- Ensures adequate and effective deployment of the equipment, thus empowering the employees.
- Recognises the contribution of the employees.
As one of the most crucial aspect in every sort of ISO certification, the Engagement or involvement of the people of the organisation accelerates the pace of the enhancement of a Quality Management system. Moreover,
- It ensures that the calibre and abilities of the employees are fully utilized and valued.
- It makes them more accountable for the improvement of the organisation, something that makes emphasizes their role in the continual enhancement of QMS through the process of learning and knowledge sharing at every step.
The process approach is an organisational strategy that aims at management of the activities in an organisation as different processes.
- Through regular assessment of each and every process, the organization seeks to measure and evaluate the capability of its different activities.
- Further, it traces the linkages between different activities.
This assists in prioritizing the improvement opportunities and deploying resources accordingly and effectively.
The ISO 9001:2015 improvement approach is aimed at the enhancement of the performance of the organization and its capability. Given below is how the improvement approach is applied in an organization-
- Aligns the improvement activities.
- The personnel is empowered to collectively bring about those improvements.
- The improvements are judged and measured consistently, at regular intervals.
Moreover, this approaches also emphasizes on celebrating or acknowledging the employees’ efforts for the improvements.
The Evidence-based decision making is a very detailed and comprehensive approach that yields the desired end of any project. Here’s how it’s done-
- It is ensured that accurate and reliable data is accessible to all.
- The accessible data is analyzed using an apt mode of investigation.
- An appropriate decision is taken on the basis of the analysis done above.
- The data is managed and analyzed with practical experience.
ISO 9001:2015 is all about improving and strengthening the client Relationships. The concept of Relationship Management is well explained in the ISO 9001:2015. It deals with-
- Identification and selection of a supplier to manage the cost and optimize the resources so as to create value.
- The main focus in this concept is establishing relationships by taking into account both short and long-term goals.
- It focuses on the sharing of expertise, reviews, resources, information and plans with the partners and collaborates all the important developmental activities.
- It also recognises the supplier’s success.
#12. How to effectively apply these 7 principles in the QMS?
These 7 principles for the QMS enhancement can be effectively applied as per the ISO 9001 requirements by understanding them and putting a focus on them in your QMS.
#13. How effectively will these 7 principles yield results?
By applying these principles in your QMS, you will find that-
- It is easier to implement the requirement of ISO 9001.
- The end result is more focused on the requirements of your clients.
At the heart of the ISO standards, these principles regularly guide through the process of constant improvement in the organisation.
Watch the complete on these 7 principles for ISO QMS Enhancement.
If you need any further guidance on ISO certification, feel free to contact our business advisor at 8881-069-069.
Now you can easily avail online ISO certification services at the following zones:
|ISO Certification in Delhi||ISO Certification in Pune||ISO Certification in Gurgaon|
|ISO Certification in Chennai||ISO Certification in Mumbai||ISO Certification in Bangalore|
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.