Why is FSSAI issuing FSSAI registration certificate late?
It is an evident fact that the FSSAI registration or food license is an essential requirement before entering into any sort of business related to the food industry. An FSSAI registration is mandatory for all petty as well as prominent food business operators.
The main objective behind the FSSAI registration is to ensure that safe, pure, wholesome and nutritious food is being supplied to the consumers.
Taking note of this issue, the FSSAI Authority has clarified the reason for the delay in the process and the remedial steps in this regard. Let’s understand the whole case in detail.
1. How much delay is there in FSSAI registration process?
Generally, it takes around a weeks’ time to get an FSSAI registration after application for the same. However, these days this process is taking good 1-month post the FSSAI application process.
2. How much delay is there in getting FSSAI license?
Normally, it takes up to 60 days to get an FSSAI license after applying for the same. However, now it is taking more than 60 days to get an FSSAI State or Central license.
3. Why is the FSSAI registration process getting delayed?
The FSSAI Authority has discussed the reason for the delay in FSSAI registration process. According to it-
- The food license is getting delayed as numerous FSSAI applications are lying unaddressed by the Designated Officer (DO).
- Apart from that, a large number of FSSAI applications are being sent back to the Food Business Operators (FBOs) due to queries asked by the Licensing Authority. The FBOs are required to reply to them within 30 days, but they are failing to do so.
4. What measures will be taken by FSSAI to avoid delay?
The FSSAI Authority has proposed some solutions to tackle the issue of delay in getting a food license and FSSAI registration to the FBOs. These are mentioned below-
- FSSAI has decided to issue FSSAI registration certificate on the 8th day of filing of FSSAI application in case the applications are unattended by Registering Authority till 7 days.
- Similarly, the FSSAI license shall be positively issued on the 61st day of filing of the application in case applications are unattended by the Licensing Authority until 60 days.
- Moreover, if the FSSAI application is unaddressed by the DO until 75 days, the FSSAI license shall be issued on the 76th day of filing such application.
- Besides, if any application is sent back to an FBO for replying to queries of the Licensing Authority within 30 days, and he fails to do so, his application shall be rejected on the 31st day.
5. What shall FBOs do if FSSAI registration is delayed?
There is no need to worry at all! The FSSAI Authority has told that-
- If the FSSAI license is not obtained within 60 days, the applicant may commence his business and the Licensing Authority shall not deny him doing so.
- Similarly, if FSSAI registration is not granted within 7 days or if no decision is taken within 30 days in case of queries from the Authority, the applicant may commence his business.
With that, the food businesses shall now leave behind all their worries and rest assured of timely FSSAI registration.
If you need any further help related to the FSSAI registration procedure, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.