The International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, establishes standards. This body has generated over 17,500 ISO standards for the printing industry, the most recent of which is the ISO PPM (print speed) standard (pages per minute). These ISO Standards help businesses of the printing industry in different kinds of aspects. In this article, we will read about the benefits of ISO Certification for printing industry.
The printing and print-packaging business in India is expanding, and people are becoming increasingly interested in this important sector. There are about 36 printing institutes in the country, some of which offer post-graduate instruction. Thus, we can see ISO Certification for Printing Industry in India is a beneficial asset that can help it in the short as well as long run.
Know about Printing Industry
The Printing Industry is very vast and comprises several sectors. For example, The printing industry includes manufacturers, merchants, printers (large format printing, digital printing, inkjet printing, packaging printing, 3D printing), and solution providers (ink, paper, machinery).
Today, the Printing Industry also has various technical aspects. Furthermore, cutting-edge digital technologies in pre-press are being used. Thus, the need for standardization arises.
What is ISO certification?
The ISO’s headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland. They are a non-profit organization that works with the biggest names in a variety of sectors and enterprises to set global product standards. They regulate computers, printing inks, and industrial printers, and they perform comprehensive testing to verify the quality of numerous printer goods. When you see the letter “ISO” followed by a number, it denotes the organization’s acceptance of a certain standard.
Companies in the printing industry can apply for ISO Certification and enjoy several benefits.
Why is ISO Certification important for the printing industry?
- The Printing Industry creates lots of products that are used for exporting business. Hence, to standardize the quality of products, ISO Certification is necessary.
- In this era, competition is very high in every industry and especially in the printing industry. Satisfying customer needs in the budget is a challenging task. That’s where ISO Certification plays a crucial role.
- We all know only those businesses survive who keep updating themselves with the latest technologies plus processes. ISO provides these things easily through certifications such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Certification.
What is ISO 9001 Certification?
ISO 9001 Certification is an international standard for quality management systems. This ISO standard has been widely adopted by over a million firms and is quite popular across the globe.
It is also widely applied in the printing industry for many years ago.
This is a management system based on the following principles: excellent customer focus, senior management motivation and commitment, quality system, and continuous quality improvement. In other words, it is one of the best certifications to achieve after applying a Quality Management System set by ISO.
What is ISO 14001 Certification?
ISO 14001 Certification establishes environmental management system requirements. It gives enterprises of all sizes and types a step-by-step approach and structure for establishing an efficient environmental management system.
Furthermore, ISO 14001 offers environmental system implementation advice. Other ISO 14000 Family of Standards standards include specific techniques such as audits, messaging, labeling, and environmental concerns such as climate change.
ISO 14001 certification is now held by all respected enterprises across the world. The standard is primarily concerned with increasing environmental performance in the context of ecological management.
Most Important Benefits of ISO Certification for Printing Industry that you should know
The ISO Certification provides several benefits to each and every industry. Let’s discuss the benefits of ISO Certification for the Printing Industry.
- Although the ISO management system isn’t flawless, a well-implemented system can help your firm get close to perfection. As your processes improve, they become more consistent, and you’ll be able to meet your objectives on a more frequent basis, resulting in measurable outcomes. You’ll also cut down on waste in your operations.
- In every business, credibility is the most valuable asset. It doesn’t matter if it’s a startup or a multibillion-dollar corporation; without reputation, it will collapse. As a result, it becomes even more critical for startups to establish credibility and use it to outperform their competitors. The ISO 14001 certification shows that a company is trustworthy and honest.
- The quality of your product will remain consistent with reduced procedures and specified systems. Obtaining ISO certification places your business within a privileged club.
- We all know that a company’s image is extremely crucial in the business world. Thus, ISO 9001 Certification also helps in building a global image for your company in the printing industry.
- Measurement and monitoring procedures are in place to examine the organization’s goals, customer needs, legislative requirements, and resources, among other things. If a mistake, a non-achievable objective, or a problem occurs in the company, the rectification and corrective action as per ISO Standards processes will be used to remedy the situation.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.