There is a piece of good news as FSSAI and MoFPI sign MoU. The FSSAI is continuously working in various aspects of the food industry to make it better. The latest updates of FSSAI on Signing MoU with MoFPI are important to know for everyone and especially MSMEs. Let’s understand the latest news of FSSAI and MoFPI Sign MoU that supports MSMEs in the food sector.
Memorandum of Understanding between FSSAI and MoFPI to support MSMEs
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has signed an MoU with the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) on 01 October 2021 to assist farm and producer organizations, self-help groups, and producers cooperate to enhance the quality of their food manufacturing operations.
In addition, Microenterprises will be given resources for improving the quality of their food products through this phase of the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan having FSSAI Registration
This is a government-sponsored program aimed at addressing the issues that micro businesses encounter and utilizing the capabilities of groups and organizations to assist in the upgrading and normative framework of these businesses under the FSSAI Registration and MSME Registration.
Key Points of MoU signed by FSSAI and MoFPI
A statement from the apex food regulator says the organization will work on two categories with MoFPI.
- Food handlers in micro food processing units will receive training in good hygiene, manufacturing techniques, food testing, and other governmental rules. Food handlers who have successfully completed the training will be awarded the Food Safety Supervisor accreditation by the FSSAI.
- The FSSAI and the Ministry of Finance and Planning will assist small-scale businesses in getting an FSSAI license and FSSAI Registration.
Other Significant Priorities of the Collaboration between FSSAI and MoFPI
The program’s priorities are to improve microenterprise functionality to encourage:
- Integration with a structured distribution network by enhancing marketing and promotion.
- Greater availability of technical and professional assistance for businesses of individuals who have already obtained the FSSAI Registration.
- Assisting established 2,00,000 businesses in transitioning to a conceptual structure.
- Improving the access to service delivery such as a common production plant, labs, warehousing, packing, advertising, etc.
- Institutional, technical, and learning improvements in the food processing industry.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.