The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) have issued a notification for bans mixing of edible oils in mustard oil. In this article, we will discuss on FSSAI notification for mustard oil.
Let’s summaries the Notifications issued:-
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) have taken a big step to make the use of mustard oil safe. It has banned the mixing of mustard oil with other vegetable oils from October 1, 2020.
The FSSAI decision is part of the exercise to ensure the purity of mustard oil. He has decided after the instructions of the Central Government. It is believed that this will prevent adulteration of mustard oil, especially for domestic use.
FSSAI notification for mustard oil
According to the FSSAI order, FSSAI has ordered to stop mixing in mustard oil. The purpose of which is to promote the production and sale of pure mustard oil for domestic use. FSSAI has taken the decision keeping in mind the interests of the people. Mixed vegetable oil will not be allowed to be produced with mustard oil from October 1, 2020.
Due to the time spent in framing the rules and guidelines, the FSSAI has decided to conduct the Regulation and Restricted Draft on sale from October 1, 2020. According to his guideline, the composition of mustard oil used for the domestic purpose will be changed.
Further points mentioned by FSSAI
There are further points regarding the new FSSAI notification on mustard oil. Some of them are –
- The purpose of the investigation was to ensure the sale of pure mustard oil.
- In addition to monitoring and investigation, the FSSAI has advised the food commissioners to check the presence of an elemental element in mustard oil.
- The new FSSAI exercise will prevent the use of rice bran oil in mustard oil packs.
- Also, food business operators must obtain an FSSAI registration or FSSAI food licence.
- All such licensees have been asked for a modification of their FSSAI licences.
However, if you have required any further guidance as regards the FSSAI registration, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and never miss the newest updates relating to your business.