Food and food products are essential to our life, not just as a fundamental requirement, but also as something we turn to whether we are joyful, anxious, upset, or simply would like to take a break. Furthermore, Food is a fantastic area to consider if you want to start your own business because it is such an important aspect of life and an evergreen enterprise. In this article, we will understand all about the FSSAI Registration for Pickle Business in India.
Pickles are one of those foods that never seem to go out of style. It is, in fact, among the most popular foods in India. Pickles are widely available in India and come in a variety of flavours. There are some legalities to starting any food or pickle business in India. One such is FSSAI Registration.
What is a Pickle?
Fruits and vegetables are frequently preserved in brine or vinegar with additional ingredients to make pickles. Producing delectable pickles necessitates a nuanced combination of ingredients and precise processing timing. The right taste of the pickle is dependent on the proper proportioning of various flavors and the time of the preparation.
Aside from expanding domestic demand, the Indian-made pickle is also seeing increased demand on the overseas markets. This might be the finest opportunity for start-ups in India to take advantage of the scenario and establish a thriving pickle company.
What is FSSAI?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous organization within the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Indian government. It is in charge of safeguarding and promoting the health of the public through food safety regulation and oversight, as well as regulating the food quality of items supplied on the market. FSSAI provides registration/licensing for businesses involved in food and related operations. Almost every packaged product comes with an FSSAI certificate and number that ensures the product is of good quality. An FBO in India must obtain an FSSAI license or registration to run their business successfully.
What is FSSAI Registration or License?
Every food item has a 14-digit registration or license number provided by the FSSAI. The 14-digit registration number indicates the manufacturing state as well as the producer’s authorization. The goal of this registration process is to hold the FBO directly liable for ensuring the food’s quality. Now, let’s look at the benefits of FSSAI registration guide for a pickle business in India.
Learn the Advantages of FSSAI Registration for Pickle Business in India
- Other than upholding security and quality requirements, and FSSAI Registration and license helps attract a wide number of clients by increasing consumer faith and credibility in food safety and cleanliness.
- In addition, when attempting to market the pickles to other retail outlets, food stores, and supermarket chains, the FSSAI Registration or License gives the items goodwill, which helps them sell your product.
- Having an FSSAI Registration gives your customers confidence in your food because it indicates the government has officially approved it. As a result of utilizing the FSSAI Logo, your brand will gain more awareness.
Is there any penalty for missing FSSAI Registration for Pickle Business in India?
If any FBO or Pickle Business in India is found to be non-compliant with the FSSAI’s rules and regulations, it will be penalized. The punishment system is consistent and applies to everybody. Here are a few FSSAI sanctions for non-compliant FBOs:
- If the FBO operates without seeking a Food Safety certificate, this is a violation of the Act. The FBO might face imprisonment or a fine of up to Rs. 5 lakhs, or both.
- If a company sells poor-quality food, it might face a fine of up to Rs. 5 lakhs. And the person in charge of selling, whether he or someone acting on his behalf, would be held accountable.
What are the Documents Required for FSSAI Registration?
The Documents Required for FSSAI Registration for Pickle Business in India are as follows.
- Form A full and signed
- PAN Card of the FBO Owner/Proprietor/Partner/Director Proof of Possession of the Premises (Property Papers – if the property is owned, Utility bills (Electricity or water) or Rent Agreement – if the property is rented
- Partnership In the event of a corporation, the Deed Certificate of Incorporation or Articles of Association (AOA)
- The entire list of food products that will be processed by the unit
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company in conjunction with the Board Resolution
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.