In this article we will be understanding the Registration process and other important information of FSSAI For Wholesalers. If you are a wholesaler, You will get all the essential information related to FSSAI Registration in this post.
FSSAI and Its Role for Wholesalers
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
It is responsible for laying down standards for food products, regulating the manufacture, storage, distribution, import, export and sale of food, and enforcing the Food Safety Act, 2006.
FSSAI has made it mandatory for all food businesses, including wholesalers, to obtain a food safety license or get FSSAI Registration.
The FSSAI licence or registration is required to ensure that food businesses comply with the food safety standards laid down by FSSAI.
Process of Obtaining an FSSAI Food Safety License for Wholesalers
The process of obtaining an FSSAI food safety licence for wholesalers is as follows:
- The first step is to register with FSSAI. This can be done online or offline.
- Once you have registered with FSSAI, you will need to apply for a food safety licence. The application form can be downloaded from the FSSAI website.
- Along with the application form, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
- A declaration form stating that you will comply with the food safety standards laid down by FSSAI
- Once you have submitted the application form and documents, FSSAI will review your application.
- If your application is approved, you will be issued a food safety licence.
To complete the FSSAI Registration process smoothly and clear your doubts, you can consult our team here:
Benefits of Obtaining an FSSAI Food Safety License for Wholesalers
There are a number of benefits to obtaining an FSSAI food safety licence for wholesalers. These benefits include:
- Increased customer confidence: Customers are more likely to buy food from businesses that have an FSSAI food safety licence.
- Reduced risk of fines: Businesses that do not have an FSSAI food safety licence are at risk of being fined by FSSAI.
- Increased compliance with food safety regulations: Businesses that have an FSSAI food safety licence are more likely to comply with food safety regulations.
Additional Tips for Wholesalers Seeking an FSSAI Food Safety licence
- Start the process early. The application process can take several weeks, so it is important to start the process early.
- Make sure you have all the required documents. FSSAI will not process your application if you do not have all the required documents.
- Be prepared to pay the fees. The cost of an FSSAI food safety licence varies depending on the annual turnover of your business.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.