Are you planning to open a food business in Bangalore? Then you need to make sure that you have an FSSAI license. The food license will help you run a quick, and hassle-free business. The highly educated and well aware businessmen of Bangalore never negotiate with the quality and the freshness of their food products. So in this article, we will be discussing the various steps that you need to follow to get FSSAI registration for your business.
What is FSSAI Registration?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, FSSAI, was established by the Government of India under the Food and Safety Standards 2006. FSSAI is governed and monitored by various ministries and departments, and they ensure that good quality food products reach Indian customers.
FSSAI is mainly regulated and monitored under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
- If you want to establish a food business in Bangalore or any part of India, you must have a valid FSSAI Registration license from the authority.
- It is also mandatory for all the food manufacturing units, distribution units and restaurants, and street vendors to have FSSAI registration.
- The offline or FSSAI online registration is applicable for all the food businesses irrespective of their annual turnover. So in simple words, every small, medium, and large scale food industry and operator has to apply for a food license.
- The food businesses have to obtain a 14-digit registration or license number from FSSAI, which will be printed on the packaging of the product that they are selling to the customers.
How to apply for FSSAI registration in Bangalore?
- Firstly, for FSSAI registration online, you have to visit the official FSSAI website of Karnataka and then click on the signup button, which is available on the right-hand side of the page.
- Every food business operator needs to have a unique email address and phone number, which will be required during the registration process.
- Now you have to create a unique username for your business FSSAI registration in Bangalore. You have to fill up certain details to complete the signup process.
- Once you have successfully registered, an account will be created with your name and you will receive a notification on your email address and via SMS to your registered mobile number.
- The user ID will remain valid for 30 days, and so you have to complete all the other steps within this time period.
- In the next step, The online application has to be filed with an affidavit, documents, self-declaration form, and annexure as per requirement.
- Once you have successfully filled out all the details, the system will generate a unique reference ID for your business.
- After completing the procedure, you need to take out a printout of the application form and the acknowledgment. Then you have to attach a demand draft of the fee with all the necessary documents.
- After this, the application form has to be submitted to the State Authority or the Regional office for Food Safety and Standard Authority Of India. It has to be submitted within a maximum of 15 days from the submission of the online application form.
- Now with the unique reference ID, you can track the status of your application.
- The authority will take some time scrutinizing and verifying your documents, and then they will approve the application.
- Once all these steps are complete, a 14-digit FSSAI registration number will be assigned by the authority. This registration number will have all the necessary information about your business and the state.
You can consult our FSSAI Registration Online Experts to get your business registered with FSSAI easily, quickly, and at affordable prices.
Which documents are necessary for Obtaining FSSAI Registration in Bangalore?
- Completed and duly signed form B
- An FBO photo identity proof
- Proof of possession of your business premises like a Rental Agreement
- Specific certifications like Partnership deed, AOA, and Certificate of Incorporation
- The list of the food products that you will be manufacturing or selling
- The business plan of your food safety management system
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.