Demand for dried fruit has grown as a result of a growing knowledge of the health advantages of dried fruit. Hence, multiple entrepreneurs want to start dry fruit business in India. If you want to start dry fruit business, you must know about its advantages, scope, and the stepwise method to do so. In this article, you will know all the important information to start dry fruit business in India.
Advantages to Start Dry Fruit Business in India
- Our food-obsessed nation India is making a conscious effort to live a healthy lifestyle and is increasingly focusing on consuming only healthful foods. Hence, there is a huge demand for dry fruits.
- Anyone in the country who is willing to live a healthy lifestyle and frequently work on their fitness will not forget the dry fruits from their diet.
- For a long time, dry fruits could only be found in limited supply at a few chosen wholesalers and stores during specific seasons. However, you can now easily start a dry food business in India Online.
- Dried fruits have become a basic food item in every family as a result of the increasing health consciousness and there is vast use in cooking, confectionery, and milk products.
- You can start a dry fruit business in India with a minimal amount of capital investment.
Scope of Dry Fruit Business in India
- Dry fruit production in India ranks third in the world. In the previous two decades, India’s dry fruit output has increased fourfold, and it is predicted to continue growing at a CAGR of 16% over the next five years.
- India’s rising popularity as a gifting destination for dry fruits during festivals and other special occasions is expected to boost the dry fruits industry in the Asia Pacific in the coming years.
- There are no longer simply a few months of the year when demand is strong for dried fruits in India. With a solid foundation of high-quality products and simple accessibility, this enterprise has the potential to last for decades.
Stepwise Procedure to start dry fruit business in India
Have Company Registration
Company Registration is the primary step to start dry fruit business. You need to decide the company type in advance as that will decide the taxation, benefits, and how you conduct your business.
The most common types of Company Registration to start dry fruit business are:
Get the Mandatory Licenses and Registrations
There are several types of rules and regulations to conduct business in India. These rules and regulations are in effect to protect and benefit businesses as well as the general public.
Different rules apply if you’re going to sell wholesale, retail, or over the internet. You should thoroughly research these regulations before putting together a company strategy.
Therefore, some of the mandatory and beneficial licenses and registrations to start dry fruit business in India are as follows:
- GST Registration
- Trade License
- FSSAI Registration
- Import Export Code
- MSME Registration
- ISO Certification
- Shop Establishment Registration
Make a Business Plan
A business plan is also one of the essential steps that you must take before you start dry fruit business in India.
In a business plan, you ideally think about the investments, employees, marketing methods, etc. You should also conduct a solid search of your competition and target customers. A well-made business plan and project report also help you to avail a small business loan.
Invest in the Business
The dry Fruit Business in India may require a high amount of investment. Therefore, you can also use a business loan to start your business.
Moreover, you can bring in a partner for your business and invest the capital as per the need of the business model.
Decide the Packaging type
- Dried fruits are prone to contamination if they come in touch with moisture, thus strict packing practices must be followed to assure food safety.
- The usage of food-grade packaging is vital as dried fruits come in close touch with the packaging.
- Packaging must be chemically safe and free of any hazardous materials. They will be able to keep moisture out of the container.
- Certain dried fruits and nuts, particularly peanuts, might induce allergic responses. FBOs should be aware of this. Because of this, the contents of the packet containing mixed dried fruit must be clearly stated.
Starting a dry fruit business in India is very beneficial. However, there are certain steps that you must follow to protect, expand and market your business. If you require any other guidance regarding starting a dry fruit business or any other business, you may call our business advisors.
Moreover, If you want any other guidance relating to Company Registration, please feel free to talk to our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.