Due to the blow of COVID-19 Pandemic, all trademark hearing fixed during the lockdown period was left unattended. Trademark officials are also afraid to interact with the public at large in order to avoid coronavirus spread and therefore, all trademark processes stopped somewhere. Accordingly, trademark authority has decided to conduct trademark hearing through Video Conferencing under the Trademark Rules, 2017. Let’s understand how?
Trademark Hearing through Video Conferencing
The Government of India amends Trademark Rules, 2017 with effect from 6th March 2017 aiming to simplify and speed up the entire method of trademark registration. With a powerful drive towards digitalizing the entire trademark process shall be smoothened and quick.
Also, Trademark Hearing online system allows the trademark applicant or their attorney to have an online Video Conferencing from their own premises/Office easily with the use of Desktop/Laptop having Camera, Microphone and Speakers. As a result of improved communications, transparency, participants are more in synchronise, conclusions can be made faster, and productivity increases.
The objective of TM Hearing Video Conferencing:
- Improve the existing trademark hearing system
- Diminish distance limits, time & efforts
- Enhance communication and discussions
Features of the Video Conferencing System
- Face to face online discussion
- Whiteboard Facility for immediate explanations
- Presenting of PDF Documents for better discussions.
Procedure for Online Trademark Hearing
- Initiator (Office) transfers email link
- Details access through Video Conferencing system
- User has to obey the instructions given in the email.
- Conferencing will take on the booked time.
- Also, Initiator & other Participants can communicate on their Laptop/Desktop through Webcam, Mic and Speakers.
In case you need any further guidance with regards to online Trademark Registration, please feel free to contact us at 8881-069-069.
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.