Copyright is a form of the intellectual property provide rights to creator over its literary and artistic works.
What can be copyright ?
Copyright works include books, sound recordings, music, artistic work, cinematographic films, dramatic, computer programs, databases, advertisements and paintings.
Protection from misuse
Copyright registration helps against infringement and protects author / creator artistic work for a lifetime.
Copyright endures creation of an intangible asset to the artist which can be sold, assigned & authorized to use.
As the comparison to its driven benefits cost of copyright registration is very low. Mostly copyright work duration is a lifetime.
Copyright work registration mostly valid for a lifetime or till the death of an original author.
Copyright Registration Process
1. Arrange a meeting with author and discuss literary, dramatic work.
2. Collect & compile required documents and get a signature from an author.
3. File duly signed application with necessary details and copies with the copyright office.
4. Scrutiny and examination of application by copyright office .
5. File reply & attend hearings, if any objection raised on the application.
6. After the process of application obtains copyright certificate.