All Food Businesses required to file their Annual Return by May 31
Evidently, all the food business operators shall mandatorily obtain a food license or the FSSAI registration before initiating their operations. They also need to display their FSSAI license within the premises and the license number has to be mentioned on the product label. The FSSAI License, which is valid for 5 years, has to be renewed by furnishing required documents.
However, there’s another very essential requirement that all food businesses having FSSAI license need to fulfil, i.e. filing of FSSAI returns.
The FSSAI returns are basically of 2 types-
- Annual Return Form D1
- Half-Yearly Return Form D2
The due date for filing of FSSAI Returns is round the clock. It’s 31st May 2019. Failing to file these returns can attract a heavy penalty.
So, let’s understand in detail about the importance of FSSAI returns.
1. What is Annual Return Form D1?
Form D1 is the Annual Return to be filed by all manufacturers and importers having FSSAI license.
2. Who needs to file Form D1?
Following individuals need to file the FSSAI annual return in the Form D-1 to the Food Licensing Authority with regard to the category of food products manufactured or sold by them during the preceding financial year:
- Food manufacturers
- Packers and
- Every FBO except the ones dealing in milk & milk products.
- This Form has details of the food products being handled, manufactured, exported, throughout the year.
- The Period for annual return filing is 1st April to 31st March of every financial year.
3. How much is the late fee in case of Form D1?
A late fee of â‚¹100 per day is charged for not timely filing Form D1. Hence, it is advised to timely file the annual returns.
4. What information is to be provided in Form D1?
Given below is the list of details needed to be provided in annual return:
- Name of the food product
- Size of the package
- Quantity in Metric Tons
- Sale price per Kg
- Export, import quantity (in Kgs)
- Details of the port where goods are exported
- Rate per unit or Kg of packing C.I.F. / F.O.B.
5. Which are the FSSAI half-yearly Returns?
All manufacturers of milk & milk products having FSSAI license need to file the half-yearly returns known as Form D2. The half-yearly returns in Form D2 are of 2 types-
- The one related to the period from 1st April to 30th September every year and
- The one related to the period from 1st October to 31st March every year.
6. What are the due dates for Form D2?
The due dates for filing Form D2 is 31st May of every year.
As we see, the due date for filing the half-yearly returns is approaching. The milk producers are required to file this return by 31st May 2019.
7. What details have to be given in Form D2?
This Form consists of details regarding milk & milk products being handled, manufactured, imported, exported, by the milk manufacturers half-yearly.
8. How much is a late fee in case of Form D2?
A late fee of â‚¹100 per day is charged for not timely filing Form D2.
Hence, it is advised to timely file the returns with FSSAI to avoid the heavy penalty.
Now there’s nothing to worry about! We can assist you in the timely filing of FSSAI returns with expert help & guidance.
If you need any sort of help regarding the filing of FSSAI returns or FSSAI registration procedure, please feel free to contact our business advisor at 8881-069-069.
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.