Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
The major issue which everyone is facing is the contaminated food which is leading to many health hazards. It has become alarming to use healthy food products which are away from contaminants. Therefore, such a system is essential which can identify the possible hazards and control hazards to prevent contamination. HACCP or Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points can be defined as the systemic approach to prevent food from hazards due to biological factors, chemical factors and physical factors during its production processes which lead it to many risks. It is an international organization that emphasizes on finding the potential hazards so that they can be identified and controlled at the specific point in the entire process starting from the raw materials till the final delivery of products. It can be used at various stages of production like the process of production, packaging, distribution etc. HACCP is important for those companies which have been involved in the process of manufacturing.
HACCP is applicable for industries like food, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals. HACCP is based on 7 principles. The seven principles have been mentioned in ISO Certificate 22000 FSMS 2011. HACCP and quality management together form Total Quality Management System. The principles are as follows: -
- Conduct a Hazard Analysis – It is the process where industries find the potential hazards and which kind of hazards can be introduced in the whole manufacturing process. Hazard analysis can be done in two steps; identification of hazards and evaluation of hazards.
- Identify Critical control points – Critical control point is defined as the point in the entire process where measures can be taken to prevent the hazards.
- Establish critical limits for each critical control points – There are certain factors or parameters in manufacturing or production like temperature, pressure, Ph, salt level, chlorine level etc. Therefore, there should be certain minimum and maximum critical limits for the critical control points.
- Establish critical control point monitoring requirements – It is essential to monitor the activities necessary to check that the critical points are controlled.
- Establish corrective actions – In case the critical points are not achieved then the organizations must establish the correct approaches to meet them.
- Establish record keeping procedures – It is important to find the essential records which are necessary to meet the critical point.
- Establish Verification Procedures – This principle helps to test the effectiveness of the measures and to check whether the equipment is under control or not?
Benefits of HACCP
HACCP accreditation has following benefits: -
- Helps you to provide a better-quality product to the end user.
- Food safety standard increases by following the principles of HACCP.
- Helps you in organizing staff promoting teamwork and efficiency.
- Build your customer’s trust on you.
- Increases your business in long run.
In case you need assistance with the HACCP Certification you can fill out our inquiry form and arrange a call from E-Startupindia business advisors at 8881069069.