How can ISO certification prevent construction-related hazards?
The infrastructural development of any location is not only judged by the number of megastructures it has but how safe the residents are dwelling there.
As far as infrastructural growth is considered, there is still a lot of scope of advancement in the real estate in India. The country that dreams of developing a network of smart cities lags far behind many developing nations when it comes to fulfilment of key aspects such as risk management and workplace safety management.
Today, millions of completed greenfield, as well as brownfield projects in India, are still not up to the mark as the living conditions are pathetic over there. Often such conditions eventually impact in sudden outbreak of hazards.
If there’s any solution to these adverse consequences of negligence, it is the ISO certification. There’s no doubt that an ISO certified real estate development company would ensure a safer and better living space than an ordinary one.
Greater Noida Multi Storeyed building collapse: A dreadful case
The most recent case of utter negligence of real estate developers and the resultant residential hazards is of the Multi Storeyed building collapse in the ShahBeri village of Greater Noida, UP.
- It was on July 17, 2018, when the joyous housewarming turned into a dreadful nightmare for hundreds of residents.
- The 6-storey under-construction building had crashed into a nearby located 4-storey housing structure in the ShahBeri village of the Greater Noida at 9:30 pm. All in all, 7 bodies were recovered from the debris beside several dead bodies of labourers who were inside the under-construction building when it had crashed.
This was indeed the most horrifying incident for many real estate buyers who had invested their funds in residential projects and were now apprehensive of similar mishap.
#1. How to rule out such construction-related hazards?
Now, if we look back into the history of construction-related hazards, we can find that the common factor behind all such accidents is the sheer recklessness of the developers towards quality efficiency and risk management. Evidently, the only answer to such flaws is ISO certification.
- In today’s era, the ISO Management System Standards influence the everyday lifestyle.
- From assuring the safety aspect in the civil amenities you avail such as public transport or the Roads and motorways you commute through, to getting the superlative healthcare facility, the ISO Standards are applicable in all spheres of urban living.
- These ISO standards are adopted by the business entities across the globe. The ISO certification benchmarks clearly lay out the guidelines to assure that the goods and services truly as per the customers' desires.
#2. How does ISO certification apply on building construction?
There is no doubt that the ISO standards ultimately help to make civil construction all the more effective and proficient by the implementation of globally acclaimed design and construction specifications and related processes.
- The ISO certification benchmarks effectively include every lap in process of the construction project, from the site it is situated on, to its roof.
- ISO certification also provides a solid platform for the new technologies and innovations in the field of construction, that ultimately enables the builders to effectively respond to the challenges concerned with demographic evolution, natural as well as man-made hazards, climatic change and much more.
- The Regulatory authorities such as the municipal corporations in India can surely rely on the advanced testing methodologies, best in class processes and harmonized procedures that are regularly audited and improved. Often it has been noticed, that the ISO certification serves as a technical basis for regulatory authorities to enforce and implement the policies related to constructions.
#3. Why need ISO standards in the field of construction?
It is a known fact that India is tremendously heading towards the path of development. However, rapid population explosion and speedy urbanization are accompanied with several risks. This has increased the need for a superb, safe and sustainable economic environment. As far as the realm of real estate construction is concerned, the ISO standards can help a lot in ruling out all construction related challenges.
#4. What does ISO certification mean for a construction company?
- For a real estate development company, regular practice and implementation of the technical requirement is necessary to ensure that buildings and other types of civil engineering works are safe and are fit for use.
- After regular updating and tracking of climatic, demographic and societal changes, the ISO standards for building construction are implemented with the key inputs from all the stakeholders involved.
- These stakeholders include architects, developers, engineers, contractors, builders, regulatory authority, policy makers and buyers.
#5. Which are the key ISO standards for civil engineering?
Indeed, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has devised innumerable ISO standards as regards civil construction. Some of them are as below-
- ISO/TC 205, Building environment design
- ISO 21930, Sustainability in buildings
- ISO/TC 92, Fire safety
- ISO 7240, Fire detection and alarm systems
- ISO 16757-1, Data structures for electronic product catalogue
- ISO/TC 178, Lifts & escalators
If you seek any sort of help regarding the ISO certification, feel free to contact our business advisor at 8881-069-069.
Now you can easily avail online ISO certification services at the following zones:
|ISO Certification in Delhi||ISO Certification in Pune||ISO Certification in Gurgaon|
|ISO Certification in Chennai||ISO Certification in Mumbai||ISO Certification in Bangalore|
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.