Set of Standards
The International Organization for Standardization's ISO series describes set of standards for a Quality Management System based on the process model.
ISO emphasis on achieving customer satisfaction for any general product or service.
A certified quality management system demonstrates entity commitment to quality product and/or services and customer satisfaction.
Fulfill Tender Eligibility
ISO certification an essential requirement before carrying on business with a new vendor & eligibility to enter global markets.
ISO certification helps business entity winning private & public contracts.
ISO certification helps in build customer satisfaction & improve operational efficiency within the organization.
Broad Category of ISO Certification
1. ISO 9001 ensure company product & services meets customer expectations and enhance customer satisfaction.
2. ISO 14001 maps out a framework that an organization can follow to set up an effective environmental management system.
3. OHSAS 18001 allows a company to show their customers that company has effective health and safety management system.
4. ISO 22000 allows a company to show their customers that company has effective food safety management.
5. ISO 27001 describes a best practice of company who involves in the information security management system (ISMS).
6. ISO 20000 allows to demonstrate excellence and prove best practice in IT & improvement in the delivery of IT services.