How to verify the FSSAI License Number Online?
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has introduced innumerable reforms towards ensuring hygienic and healthy foods to the consumer. Recently, some of the key reforms implemented in this direction, such as the food safety audit conducted in food manufacturing and restaurant premises across India, and the regular inspection of FSSAI registration and FSSAI license among the food business operations in India.
All the food businesses operator must obtain a food license or FSSAI registration online before commencing their business. The FSSAI number has to be mentioned in the product and within the premises. An FSSAI License is valid up to next 5 years, after which, one has to renew the FSSAI License by providing necessary documents.
However, the question arises that how can we check the genuineness and validity of FSSAI registration number. In order to trace the validity of FSSAI license number, we must first know the structure of the FSSAI license number.
1. How does FSSAI License Number look like?
The FSSAI license number which is issued to all types of food businesses consists of 14 digits.
Basically, there are different kinds of FSSAI registration number depending upon the scale of the food business operation.
- These 14-digits of an FSSAI license number are further divided into 5 groups.
- Each group depicts information regarding the type of the food business operator, which differentiates it from the others.
- The FSSAI authority recognizes the category of food business operator.
2. What are the 5 parts of FSSAI License Number denotes?
The 5 different groups of the FSSAI registration number are discussed below:
- 1st digit depicts whether the business is having FSSAI registration or FSSAI license. In case of FSSAI registration, 1st digit will be ‘1’, while in case of FSSAI license, 1st digit will be ‘2’.
- 2nd & 3rd digits tell the FSSAI License state code. Central FSSAI license is depicted by ‘00’, while State licenses are shown by successive digits.
- 4th & 5th digits show the year when the business got the FSSAI registration.
- 6th, 7th & 8th digits signify the Registrar Officer under whose jurisdiction the FSSAI License falls. So, each state will assign these digits from 001 to 999 as Registrar Officers.
- 9th to 14th digits show the serial number of the food business operator, who is under a specific Registrar Officer. Each Registrar Officer can hold up to 10 lakh food businesses or serial numbers up to 999999.
3. How to check FSSAI license number online?
Steps to check FSSAI license number validity online:-
# Visit the FSSAI government portal,
# Click to FBO search option,
# Enter FSSAI License Number & click the “Submit” button,
# A new webpage will appear, showing complete details of food business operator with validity.
If you're food business operator & your FSSAI validity is over or you haven't yet obtained FSSAI Registration click here to upload your document online and instantly obtain FSSAI license certificate.
If you need any help regarding the FSSAI registration procedure, feel free to contact our business advisor at 8881-069-069.
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.