ISO Certification in Metal Fabrication Industry
It is beyond any doubt that the ISO 9001:2015 is an overall standard for impeccable Quality Management Systems (QMS). It lays out a well-defined structure for the redesigning of quality in all affiliations that are attempting to pass on the organizations that meet the necessities and wants for all customers and various accomplices, in the most achievable way.
ISO 9001 certification is really worth the time and cost-effective.
Today there are various industry-wise certifications, including a great number of ISO certifications.
The obvious query today is—
Apart from a specific benchmark for the metal fabricators industry, does the ISO certification process really deliver any benefit?
Here we must set aside the common aspect—the cost consideration. If your noteworthy customers or stakeholders require ISO certification, then you really don't have any other choice. In such a case, the ISO certification is an unquestionable requirement to guarantee every one of your customers.
Here, the prime importance is safety, and not the cost. Ignoring the safety concern might lead to an unpredictable hazard, such as the one that happened at the Mumbai Foot-overbridge, or the Shahberi building.
Here we will talk about the importance of ISO certification in the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
1. What is the meaning of OEM?
OEM is the abbreviation for the Original Equipment Manufacturer. This is a genuinely specific term used to define a production unit that is involved with the creation of fabrications.
- The OEM is fundamentally an organization that makes structure or framework known as a fabrication.
- Fabrication can be of any material, such as a metal, wooden or PVC which can either be sold out or further utilized by another assembling unit.
- OEMs are ordinarily the manufacturers who trade other association's frameworks under their own tradename.
2. ISO certification for fabrications
OEMs in India had a deep-rooted requirement for ISO certification in India. The Indian constructors, in any case, have continued to ally with the non-ISO certified supplier that offered a competitive price. The builders haven't demanded that the supplier ought to have an ISO certification.
As a result, the services delivered by OEMs have been unsatisfactory and of low quality, something that leads to difficulty in clearance from the authority. Thus, in case you're running a business of OEM technologies, ISO certification ought to be a primary concern for you.
3. Key ISO certification standards for OEMs
Given below are some of the noteworthy ISO standards for the metal fabricators:
- ISO 10721:1999 Steel structures — Fabrication and erection
- ISO 3834:2005 — Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials
- ISO/TR 10809:2009 — Cast irons
- ISO/TC 5 — Ferrous metal pipes & fittings
- ISO / TC 17 — steel for tubes
- ISO / TC 20 — aircraft pipes
- ISO / TC 67 — tubes and equipment (other than flanges) pipe threads and gauging within the field of work of the petroleum and natural gas industries
So, these are a few important benchmarks for the metal fabrication industry.
If you require any kind of guidance on the ISO certification process, feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Now you can easily avail online ISO certification services at the following zones:-
|ISO Certification in Delhi||ISO Certification in Pune||ISO Certification in Gurgaon|
|ISO Certification in Chennai||ISO Certification in Mumbai||ISO Certification in Bangalore|
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.