What are the changes in GST return filing for Composition taxpayers?
It is evident that all the citizens who have GST Registration under the Composition Scheme need to file the Form GSTR-4 on a quarterly basis. In this respect, the GST experts have recently presented certain key modifications in the structure of the form GSTR-4.
#1. Who needs to file the GSTR-4 return?
Among all types of GST returns, the form GSTR-4 is meant for those tax assessees who have opted for the GST registration under the Composition Scheme in the new GST regime. According to the GST laws, the taxpayers under the GST composition scheme shall file just one return in each quarter as opposed to 3 monthly returns, similar to the compliance requirement for an ordinary or regular taxpayer.
#2. What are the key changes made by GST authorities in GSTR-4?
The eminent tax experts have brought forward numerous new modifications in the GST return filing procedure for the form GSTR-4. These are briefly described as follows-
- GST Return online creation and submission
- Simple Nil-GST return filing
- Easy to use features along the lines of GSTR-3B
- Objective-type return filing process
- Question-based GST return filing procedure
#3. What is all about the online creation and submission of Form GSTR-4?
The option for filing and submitting the GSTR-4 return is currently accessible at the GST portal.
#4. How easy is the new GST Return Filing online under the new GSTR-4 model?
- No doubt, the GST return filing procedure for the citizens with GST registration under the Composition Scheme has been made amazingly simple.
- Now, the GSTR-4 will appear in the form of a questionnaire, wherein the user will be able to select just those tables that are compulsory to be filled.
#5. Which are the convenient aspects of the new GSTR-4 model?
The GST council has introduced a few user-friendly features in the GSTR-4 return. These resemble the alterations that were made in February 2018 for the filing of GST Return online as regards the form GSTR-3B. Some of those highlights are mentioned as follows-
- The taxpayers can now enter the amounts of either CGST or SGST/UTGST. The portion of other GST will get auto-updated.
- The option of saving the Form GSTR-4 on confirming the entered details of transactions is now open. Presently, one can certainly fill subsequent details later on.
- The “Submit” option, which locks the entered amounts and shows the liability thereof, is henceforth not needed to be hit. The alterations can be done to any table before continuing to the payment alternative.
#6. How will the current GST return filing procedure be faster than before?
Obviously, the new GST return filing procedure for form GSTR-4 will be faster than ever before! The whole procedure will be objective type, wherein-
- Just those tables will be filled for which the citizen has chosen 'Yes'.
- In the event that a citizen has selected 'Yes' but has no detail to fill, at that point, the table may either be loaded up with a zero figure or the option might be changed to 'no'.
- If there should be an occurrence of any detail of liabilities relating to past period(s) or previous return(s), 'Nil' alternative henceforth won't be given.
- Plus, the options for "Submit GSTR-4" and "Document GSTR-4 with DSC/EVC" have been replaced with a new "Continue to File" button.
#7. How to file a Nil GSTR-4 return?
In case anyone has to file a Nil-return, he would not be required to fill in any detail. Rather, the return can be filled upon authentication.
These are some of the recently presented easy and user-friendly changes in GST return filing procedure for form GSTR-4.