As we know under the Agricultural and processed food authority With this act coming into effect, APEDA replaced the Processed Food Export Promotion Council (PFEPC). In this article, we will discuss on the APEDA’s Online Registration Process.
APEDA’s Online Registration Process.
For APEDA Registration, the applicant should submit the application form within 1 month from the date of attempting the business.
If the exporter of scheduled commodities fails to register within that time limit due to sufficient cause, such date can be extended only by the Authority.
Once the application duly documented and paid by the applicant, the authority will publish Registration -Cum- Membership- Certificate (RCMC).
This registration is one-time registration and all the registered departments are governed by the rules & regulations under APEDA Act.
Documents Required for APEDA Registration
- Duly approved an application aspect
- Copy of Import-Export code published by D.G.F.T.
- Bank Certificate duly authorized by the authorities
- Bank A/c. statement of the bank account of the firm (for latest 2 months)
- Abolished cheque
Objectives of APEDA
The objective behind ascertaining APEDA was to facilitate the growth of export of agricultural commodities (listed below) which have been specified under APEDA Act. It does so through criteria such as:-
- Registration of Exporters of APEDA’s products through RCMC Certificate to enable them grow their businesses
- Financial assistance to exporters who are members of APEDA via various schemes
- Fixing criteria and specifications for the purpose of export
- Carrying out inquiry for ensuring the quality of products
- Enhancing packaging and marketing for better a better product offering in the global market
- Growth of export-oriented production to increase exports
- Collection and publication of valuableinformation statistics
- Conducting workouts to inform exporters about latest practices in the industry
Products under APEDA
An exporter can apply for APEDA’s membership if he stocks any of the following products:-
- Fruits, Vegetables and their Products
- Meat and Meat Products
- Poultry and Poultry Products
- Dairy Products
- Confectionery, Biscuits and Bakery Products
- Honey, Jaggery and Sugar Products
- Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all aspects
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Cereal and Cereal Products
- Groundnuts, Peanuts and Walnuts
- Pickles, Papads and Chutneys
- Guar Gum
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products
- Herbal and Medicinal Plants
Advantages of becoming a member of APEDA
After being registered with APEDA an exporter can avail advantages such as financial assistance schemes, receive guidelines related to export of scheduled products, access to trainings and seminars which will enhance the performance of their export business
RCMC was earlier circulated manually, however with the ease of achieving industry ambition being implemented across all government bodies, the APEDA has been made available online.
In case you need any kind of guidance related to the APEDA Registration, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the freshest updates relating to your business.