The Ministry of Home Affairs extended the nationwide lockdown till May 17, 2020. The government has divided the districts into 4 zones. Containment, Red, Orange and Green Zone.
Here is the list of prohibited activities irrespective of the zones.
- Travel by air, rail, metro and inter-State movement by road;
- Other educational and training/ coaching institutions;
- Hospitality services, including hotels and restaurants;
- Cinema halls,
- Sports complexes
- Social, political, cultural and other kinds of gatherings; and,
- Religious places/ places of worship for public
However, movement of persons by air, rail, and road is allowed for select purposes, and for purposes as permitted by MHA
The new ministry’s order also prescribes certain measures for well being and safety of persons. Hence, the movement of individuals, for all non- essential activities, shall remain strictly prohibited between 7 pm to 7 am.
Know the list of business activity allowed in lockdown period