A trade license is a certificate or document that grants permission to conduct business in a specific municipality. The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) issues Trade Licenses to businesses and commercial enterprises in the city to keep records on and control the city’s
commercial activities. Know all about trade licenses in Delhi through this article.
What is a Trade License in Delhi?
A trade license is a certificate or document that provides authorization to engage in commercial activity within a given jurisdiction. It is important to note that the license does not grant any additional rights, such as ownership of the property or permission to do something other than what was requested.
Importance of Trade License
Businesses need Trade License licenses so that authorities can monitor their activities and make sure that no one will be adversely affected by things like noise pollution or health risks. Businesses with a valid trade license to do commerce are legally obligated to follow the laws and regulations that govern them. The owner or the company might be subject to severe penalties if they do not comply with the requirements.
Penalties of Not Obtaining Trade License
- Penal sanctions in the form of fines and penalties may be imposed on an individual who begins operations in the absence of a Trade License. It may also cause the company to fail and close its doors forever.
- Infringing on the terms of a business license would include causing a disturbance in the immediate area. The license might be terminated or revoked under such circumstances.
- In the event of a violation of the conditions or relevant laws of the business license, the entity may be subject to a prescribed penalty.
- A penalty equal to fifty percent of the license cost may be imposed for every month that a business is late in renewing its trade license.
- In some instances, the defaulting entity may be subject to appropriate legal action.
What’s the Document Requirement for obtaining a Trade License in Delhi?
- Application in the prescribed format.
- Address Proof And Identity Proof- Individual.
- Certificate of Incorporation/Partnership Deed.
- Canceled Cheque and Bank Statement.
- Rental Agreement (in case the premises are rented, otherwise, proof of ownership).
- Consent letter from the owner of the place of business.
- Latest Municipality Property Tax Receipt.
- Address proof of directors.
- PAN of the entity.
- NOC from the land-owning agencies etc.
- A certified layout plan of your trade building showing the business, working areas, etc.
- Sanction Plan.
- Occupancy Certificate.
Who needs a Trade License in Delhi?
- A business or organization whose employees do mostly or exclusively office-based tasks.
- A place to stay, dine, or refresh, such as a hotel, restaurant, boarding house, eatery, or café.
- A location where people go to be entertained, such as a theater or movie theater.
Eligibility for getting Trade License in Delhi
- Anyone applying for a Trade License in Delhi must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must be at least 18 years old and have no relevant criminal history.
- Both the Applicant and the proposed company must be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- There is a 30-day window beginning on the day after a business opens for operation in which a license application must be submitted.
Stepwise Process to get Trade License in Delhi
- Reach out for MCD portal of Delhi Government
- Apply for Trade License Application procedure
- Fill up the required information.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Document Verification.
- Generation of Application Number.
- Complete the payment process.
Validity of Trade License in Delhi
A Trade License Certificate’s validity period begins on the date of issuance and ends three years later. Therefore, after three years, you’ll need to renew it by paying a licensing cost.
In conclusion, a Trade License in Delhi is an important and mandatory legal requirement to be fulfilled by businesses. Whether small or large business, you will need a Trade License in Delhi after commencement of business.
In case you need any further guidance with regards to online Trade License in Delhi Online please feel free to contact us at 8881-069-069.
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.