GST payment status is crucial for businesses to verify for compliance. It can be tricky to navigate the portal at first, but here’s a quick guide that you can use to check the GST Payment Online.
Stepwise Process to check GST Payment Online
You can check your GST payment status without logging in by following these steps:
- Go to the official GST portal.
- Click on Services > Payments > Track GST Payment Status.
- Enter your GSTIN and CPIN.
- Click on Track Status.
- Your payment status will be displayed.
- If your payment is paid, you can download the receipt by clicking on the View Receipt button.
Here are some more FAQs that you must know in order to do successful GST Payment.
What is the difference between CPIN and CIN in GST?
CPIN and CIN are two different numbers generated for GST payments.
- CPIN stands for Common Portal Identification Number, which is a 14-digit number generated before you pay GST. You can generate a CPIN by creating a GST tax challan on the GST portal.
- CIN stands for Challan Identification Number, which is a 17-digit number generated after you pay GST through GST Return Filing. The CIN comprises a 14-digit CPIN and a 3-digit bank code.
You can use the CIN to track the status of your GST payment or to file your GST returns.
|Number of digits||14||17|
|Generated before or after GST payment||Before||After|
|Comprises||–||CPIN + 3-digit bank code|
|Usage||To generate a GST tax challan||To track GST payment status or to file GST returns|
Can I use a different bank account to pay a challan if the first payment failed?
Yes, you can use another bank account.
I paid my GST (tax) using cash, a check, or a demand draft after the due date, and my bank accepted it. But on the GST Portal, it still says “Not Paid.” What should I do?
A GST challan is valid for 15 days. If you don’t pay within that time, it gets canceled automatically.
You have two options:
- Pay the GST tax using the same challan (with CPIN) within the 15-day period.
- Make a new GST challan online with the necessary details.
Important Note: Since you paid after the due date, the portal can’t update it. Even if the bank accepted your payment, the portal might reject it for this reason. You should contact the bank for a refund and create a new challan on the portal.
I’m using a cheque to pay. Where do I fill out the payment form?
For all types of payment, you need to make the payment form online. If you’re paying in person with a check, cash, or a bank draft, you need to print out the payment form online and use it. You can’t fill out the form by hand. Only online payment forms are accepted.
I made a mistake on the payment form I submitted. How can I fix it?
If you haven’t received a special code yet, you can make changes to the payment form within 7 days from the first time you saved it. But if you have the special code, you’ll need to create a new payment form. The old, incorrect form will automatically expire after 15 days.
What should I do if the server is not working when I’m trying to make a payment?
If you face this issue, go to the GST website. Click on Services, then Payments, and then Challan History.
- If the status says “initiated,” your payment is still being processed.
- But if it says “failed,” you’ll need to start a new payment form.
If you have any other queries or you are facing any difficulty in paying GST, feel free to contact our GST Experts at: 8881-069-069.
Moreover, If you want any other guidance relating to How To Check GST Payment Status, please feel free to talk to our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.