In India, multiple industries operate at MSME Level. Furthermore, MSME Registration is trending among all the businesses in India. It provides several benefits to both the goods and services industry. Thus, if you are going to apply for MSME or Udyam Registration, you must know how to check MSME Registration by name. In this article, we will give you all the necessary information regarding how to check MSME Registration by name.
What is MSME Registration?
MSME stands for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises, and it helps businesses grow and prosper by providing numerous incentives and programs. Small businesses are critical to the growth of any growing economy. Thus, The Indian government has created a number of programs or schemes to help small and medium-sized businesses flourish in order to stimulate new and current firms. To take advantage of any of these advantageous programs and schemes, you must first get your MSME registration.
Important Note– The other name for MSME Registration is Udyam Registration.
What is the difference between MSME and Udhyam Registration?
There is a common misconception that MSME and Udyam Registration are two separate registrations. However, this myth is not true.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises regulates MSME registration or Udyam Registration in order to defend MSME rights and provide them with extra benefits and facilities over major corporations.
- After improving and updating MSME Registration the name was given as Udyam Registration which was also created for MSMEs with several qualifying requirements.
- In Conclusion, the goal of Udyam and MSME registration is the same: to promote and develop MSME firms.
Know about the Eligibility Criteria for MSME Registration
Following Enterprises can enroll under MSME Registration or Udyam Registration-
- Micro MSME enterprises – The enterprises having investments less than Rs. one crore and annual turnover also less than Rs. five crores.
- Small MSME enterprises – These are enterprises whose investment is less than Rs. ten crores and annual turnover are also less than Rs. fifty crores.
- Medium MSME enterprises – These are the enterprises whose investment is less than twenty crores, and annual turnover is less than 200 crore rupees.
What are the benefits of MSME registration?
If someone wishes to take advantage of the programs and advantages offered by the national, state, and banking sectors, they must register under MSME.
Who is in charge of MSME registration?
MSMED Act 2006 governs it in India, which is overseen by the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises.
What are the documents required for MSME Registration?
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Complete Postal Address with District and PIN
- Bank Account Details
Let us now understand the important queries regarding MSME Registration or Udyam Registration.
How to check MSME Registration by Name
To check MSME Registration by Name, you need to have the following.
- Udyam Registration Number
- Similarly, Mobile Number linked with the Aadhar
Stepwise Procedure to check MSME Registration by Name
- Firstly, Visit the MSME’s official website at- Udyog Aadhaar (Official Website for MSME Registration)
- Enter your Udyog Aadhar Number.
- Next, enter the mobile number linked with the Aadhar Card.
- Lastly, Enter the verification code and now click on the Validate Udyog Aadhar.
You can also visit the – MSME Databank to check MSME Registration by Name. However, it is important to note that in both cases either you need to provide Udyog Aadhar Number or a Registration number.
How to Check the Status of Your MSME Registration or Udyam Registration
Follow the steps below to verify the status of your MSME Registration or Udyam Registration:
- Firstly, Go to https://www.udyamregistration.gov.in/UA/UA VerifyUAM.aspx on the Ministry of MSME’s official website.
- Provide your Udyog Aadhaar number in the box.
- Verify your entry by entering the Captcha Code.
- Select the ‘Verify’ option.
- The status of your Udyog Aadhar Registration will now be displayed on the screen.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.