Amid the blues of Novel Coronavirus disease or COVID-19 infection, our government has released the Lockdown 4.0 guidelines.
After a thorough review of the impacts of the Lockdown measures on the COVID-19 situation, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), has issued a notification under the Disaster Management Act, 2005, further extending the Lockdown for a period of two more weeks after 17th May 2020. The Lockdown 4.0 shall continue till 31st May 2020.
Keeping view of our Prime Minister Sh Narendra Modi’s notion of “Jaan Bhi Jahaan Bhi”, the government has given all-new Lockdown 4.0 Guidelines, this time with several relaxations in norms and strict implementation of social distancing guidelines. The government has permitted the running of some business activities in line with the social distancing rules.
5 Different Zones as per Lockdown 4.0 Guidelines:
As per the Lockdown 4.0 Guidelines, the geographical region of India shall be categorized into 5 distinct zones based on the severity of COVID-19 infection:
- Red Zone
- Orange Zone
- Green Zone
- Containment Zone
- Buffer Zone
The government will bring out detailed Lockdown 4.0 guidelines regarding the classification of the 5 zones in the next few days.
Let us now have a glance at all those activities that are permitted as per Lockdown rules.
Lockdown 4.0 Guidelines: Which activities allowed?
Given below are the Activities which are permitted during Lockdown 4.0:
- Online distance learning
- Hospitality service for Govt officials, police staff, health care staff etc.\
- Canteens at bus depots, railway station, and airport
- Sports complexes and stadiums, without spectators.
- Interstate passenger vehicles, with mutual consent of states
- Intrastate passenger vehicles/buses, as per directions of States/UT
- Movement of persons with strict social distancing rules, but only till 7 pm.
- Movement of medical & para-medical staff, ambulances, and sanitation staff.
- Movement of all cargo.
Also, refer to the complete MHA guidelines.
Lockdown 4.0 Guidelines: Important Notes
Given below are the important guidelines for precautions while Lockdown 4.0:
- Night Curfew: Movement of persons is strictly prohibited from 7 pm to 7 am, except for essential reasons.
- No activity in Containment zone: All the above-stated activities are allowed only in Red, Green & Orange, and strictly prohibited in the Containment zones.
- Arogya Setu App: All persons and employers must ensure that the Arogya Setu App is installed on the phones of all employees. Arogya Setu App helps in the early detection of the risk of COVID infection.
Importantly, the government has recently announced a number of reforms to revive the 8 key sectors of our economy hit due to COVID-19 Lockdown.
Know about those 8 Economic Reforms by the government.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.