We all know the importance of plants and trees in our life. Without them, our survival on earth isn’t possible. Therefore, the Horticulture branch of agriculture is one of the most valuable branches for our survival and overall development. So, if you have a Horticulture business, this guide about overview of Horticultural is going to be very beneficial for you.
Overview of Horticultural
The term Horticulture is derived from the Latin words hortus (garden) and culture (cultivation). Therefore, it is the branch of agriculture. In other words, it is the cultivation, production, and sale of vegetables, fruits, flowers, herbs, ornamental or exotic plants.
Furthermore, Horticulture has four different branches. These branches are as follows.
- Firstly, we have Pomology. It relates to planting, harvesting, storing, processing, and marketing fruit and nut crops.
- Secondly, Olericulture. It means Producing and marketing vegetables.
- Third, Arboriculture. The study, selection, and care of individual trees, shrubs or other perennial woody plants.
- Last, Ornamental Horticulture: This branch has further two sub-branches. Floriculture and Landscape Horticulture.
Overview of Horticultural benefits in India
There are several benefits of the Horticulture sector business in India. For instance, Businesses, Farmers or anyone relating to Horticulture can avail these benefits by getting APEDA Registration and exporting Horticultural products.
- Firstly, One of the critical catalysts for growth in India is horticulture. Sometimes, it offers higher earnings than agriculture (food grains mainly).
- Secondly, The Horticulture sector offers various jobs in elementary, secondary, and tertiary sectors.
- Horticultural crops, fruit, and vegetable crops help in boosting the income of small and medium farmers.
- Furthermore, The Horticulture sector enables the population to eat a diverse and balanced diet for a healthy lifestyle.
Extensive export opportunities of Horticulture crops in India
There are various crops under the Horticulture sector. These items have tremendous demand worldwide and are accessible in India. Consequently, by completing adequate market research, one can utilize these export business opportunities after getting APEDA Registration. Some of the main items of the Horticulture market are as follows.
- Herbal and medicinal plants
- Fruits, vegetables, and their products
- Honey, Meat, and Meat products
- Floriculture and floriculture products
- Poultry and poultry products
- Jaggery and sugar
- Groundnuts, peanuts, and walnuts
- Guar Gum
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
Overview of Horticultural Opportunities in getting employment
There are a number of occupations available both directly and indirectly in the horticulture business. Moreover, these multiple jobs available can be labor and office work. Let’s look at some of these.
- Nursery manager
- Field supervisor
- Plant technician
- Landscape technician
- Farm manager
- Floral designer
- Teacher/trainer (teaches horticulture in formal or informal system)
- Extension person, Researcher, and many more.
Understand APEDA Registration for Horticulture
Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is a government organization that provides APEDA Registration to facilitate the registered ones in multiple ways.
Before exporting Horticulture products, all exporters should make use of APEDA registration. The application form must be requested within one month after commencement of the business.
Benefits of APEDA Registration
There are multiple benefits of APEDA Registration for those relating to the Horticulture sector. Some of the most significant ones are as follows.
- Exporters receive funding, information, and guidance on planned product development and export.
- To grow your business, APEDA Registration offers many training programs.
- In addition, registered exporters of APEDA can utilize it in the international market to advertise their products.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.