All that you need to know about ISO certification
In today’s age of globalization and cut-throat competition, the only way to stand out among the competitor is to provide the quality product to the customers and retain them happy which can be fulfiled by following certain global benchmarks of quality efficiency. Today, every business needs to satisfy the globally acknowledged quality criteria as to remain in the frontline, in the terms of quality management and client satisfaction. Undoubtedly, the most accredited path for running a business concern at par with the international benchmarks of quality and achieve the end goal of client satisfaction is to apply for ISO certification.
In this article, we will be discussing in full-length the following aspects-
Today, the worldwide ISO Management System Standards touch everyone’s life.
- From ensuring that the meal you enjoy at the food court is hygienically prepared & served, to empowering you to access the most reliable healthcare amenities, the ISO Standards are recommended in every sphere of the economy.
- Basically, ISO Certification is a seal of approval which signify that an organisation guarantees a company is fulfilling one of the globally recognised ISO quality standards. It convinces the customers that goods & services they buy, do comply with certain quality benchmarks.
- Prefered by organisations all over the world, these ISO standard provide specifications to ensure that the products & services avail is as per the customers’ expectations.
Evidently, getting certified under an ISO management system standard it assures all the customers that the organization is keen to fulfil their expectations.
- In a globalised era where the customer's voice is increasingly becoming prominent, ISO certification is steadily becoming an essential business requirement.
- Additionally, An ISO certification mark on the packages of the products serves as a persuasive marketing and branding tool that gives a competitive edge over the fellow market players.
- Moreover, ISO Certification also enables an organisation in getting eligible for application for the government tenders.
- Now, the prominent MNCs and leading global corporate houses prefer to deal with the ISO certified entities.
- Thus, an ISO Certification opens up the global avenues for rapid growth of an organisation.
It is beyond doubt that all ISO standards have their own individual benefits as per their respective domain or within the very sphere of industry in which they function. However, there are some common benefits of ISO certification that can be availed by every organisation regardless of its scope, size or the domain. These are discussed below in detail-
Some Common Benefits of ISO Certification
Increase in Eﬃciency
It is obvious that the organizations that attain the ISO certiﬁcation have definitely focused on the enhancement of processes with due emphasis on Quality Management System. An ideal QMS evidently implies the high rate of Quality Eﬃciency.
Boost in Revenue
Researches have yielded that ISO certiﬁed companies experience enhanced productivity and accelerated ﬁnancial growth, compared to uncertiﬁed ones owing to their upgraded Quality Management System. This is largely due to the fact that an ISO logo acts as a promotional tool that expands the client-base.
The morale of the Employees
No wonder, an ISO certiﬁcation impacts a more satisﬁed and motivated team. A prompted personnel has deﬁned roles & responsibilities, a definite set of goals, accountability of management, better training systems and a clear layout of how their action affect Quality Management and overall development of the organisation.
As the quality benchmarks of the management system standards set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) are globally acclaimed, these ISO standards undoubtedly open the new avenues for growth & diversification of an organization.
Effective Decision Making
The ISO standards set out clear guidelines for audits and surveys that help in gathering information and this helps in a more effective decision-making process.
Developing symbiotic links between the suppliers is another key benefit of ISO certiﬁcation. In fact, the documentation and examination process also demands proper evaluation of the raw inputs, suppliers and production process before any change is introduced in respect of supplier relationships.
The ISO certification necessitates proper documentation of the processes to detect errors or flaws. This helps maintain the consistency and accountability among the staff throughout the production process. Besides, properly maintained records are available as and when needed for assessment.
This is one of the key criteria of ISO. Each and every process from R&D to production are predeﬁned, and carried out in a well-documented format, minimizing room for error. This ensures Consistency throughout the business journey.
This is perhaps common to all ISO standards. Customer satisfaction is ensured because of the beneﬁts of enhanced QMS as regards increased eﬃciency, consistency and dedication to quality management, which altogether helps in the expansion of clientele.
Based on their domains or sphere of industry, ISO has framed numerous management system standards. Some of the key ISO Standards are as follows-
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- ISO 22000
- ISO 27001
- ISO 50001
- ISO 45001
Given below are the key benefits of ISO 9001-
Addresses products and services
The revised version of ISO 9001 certification better addresses the needs of stakeholders with respect to products, services & processes.
Better risk management
The 2015 standard now emphasizes prior identiﬁcation of risks & opportunities at the planning stage.
Emphasis on effectiveness
The new standard has shifted the focus from mere documentation to actualization. This assists the organizations to decide what information to record and how.
The new revision of ISO 9001 2015 is modiﬁed for better integration with other ISO standards as well. The revision has clauses similar to other ISO standards, ensuring that the requirements can be covered in a single policy manual.
Given below are the key benefits of ISO 14001-
It is an evident benefit that ISO 14001 certification raises the overall image of the organisation in the market. Apart from that, with the rise of consciousness towards environmental deterioration, ISO environmental standard is now taken as a necessary requirement for the prominent organizations.
With an ISO environmental management standard, one can easily trace and eliminate environmental hazards that usually impact company adversely by the way of penalties, costs, reparations, and sanctions.
As to make reforms in a business, there's a need for proper functioning of the structure which addresses the environmental issues. ISO 14001 is a must, just as a healthy business is run on a healthy environment.
Reduces Employee Turnover
As a matter of fact, the new ISO 14001 standard focuses on more employee engagement. When the employee would directly engage themselves in a company's environmental management, it will help in the reduction of the Employee Turnover.
Given below are the key benefits of ISO 22000-
ISO 22000 is a globally recognized benchmark which helps you grow your organization by the implementation of internationally renowned processes for food security.
Boost Client Relationships
ISO 22000 safeguards and develops name & fame of an FBO in terms of food security and sanitation. This eventually boosts Client Relationships.
Assurance among all stakeholders
The ISO 22000 certification makes sure that the quality of your food with regard to of safety and hygiene, in conjunction with the measure of risk management that further effects in boosting of confidence among stakeholders and vendors.
ISO 22000 certification facilitates you to be more sincere and become dependable among the customers and stakeholders.
Given below are the key benefits of ISO 27001-
Continual Security of ISMS
ISO 27001 has been drafted to present a foundation for development, execution preservation and frequent revision of an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
Boosts Client Relationship Management
ISO 27001 improves organizational repute in terms of Information security and reliability. This ultimately boosts Client Relationship Management (CRM).
Very importantly, the menace of cybercrime is growing gradually every day. The chances of hacking or data destruction can be done away with if you have an ISO 27001 certified ISMS.
With an ISO 27001 certification, an average entrepreneur can easily steer clear of all sorts of the cyber risks, i.e. risk of loss or damage to IT-related records. One can now save time & money on preparing and managing the data again and again.
With the protection of IT-related private information, an organization can truly conserve time and money on recreating and management of the data. Furthermore, this precious time and money can be used in the developing or innovation in programming.
- ISO 50001 highlights a systematic ISO certification process for accomplishing excellence in the energy management process and increasing energy efficiency in all sorts of industries.
- The ISO 50001 is considered as a yardstick that allows the organizations with a primary scheme for assimilation and utilization of the various energy-management activates throughout the management systems in a business.
- A dependable energy management procedure facilitates sustainable economic development. It assists the entities to utilize unexploited energy efficiency capacity.
- This will not only assist in the wise use of energy but will also help in making a vital cooperation towards environmental protection and climatic control.
- ISO 50001:2018 focuses on a gradual and continuous decrease of the wastage of energy so that the expenses on energy can be reduced. In addition, it supports the business organizations in minimizing their carbon emissions.
The ISO certification is a detailed process that involves audit processes, management reviews and improvement strategies on the basis of collected data. Throughout the process of ISO certification, the improvements are carefully assessed and changes are implemented on the basis of the facts, using a system of documentation & analysis, as to ensure the appropriate decisions are made for the organisation.
Here is the detailed procedure of ISO certification-
Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) cycles
The remarkable strategy called Plan Do Check Act or PDCA Cycle that effectively assists in the constant improvement of the QMS.
It involves 4 successive and recurrent stages for the control and continual upgrading of processes and products in an organisation. It includes-
- Plan: Involves setting of objectives of the QMS and Clear-cut processes to deliver results.
- Do: Involves the implementation and control of the proposed objectives.
- Check: Involves regular monitoring & reviewing of processes and results against the defined policies and objectives.
- Act: Involves taking of suitable action for improvement of the performance.
Know more about PDCA cycles.
In simple language, a gap analysis is a comparison between actual performance with the desired performance thereby assessing the anomalies in QMS. It is an effective way to ensure whether business requirements are being met and, if not, what steps are needed to be taken to ensure they are successfully implemented.
Know more about Gap analysis.
The due implementation and maintenance of the desired QMS can be fully assured only as per the accepted standards of the industry. And for that, it is essential to conduct an audit of the QMS. Based on its, scope & objective, an audit of the Quality Management System can be conducted in 2 ways-
Internal audit: This type of audit is conducted within the organization by their top-level managers themselves. Know more about Internal Audit.
External audit: This type of audit is conducted in an organisation with the assistance of a few experienced External auditors.
Upon the satisfactory process of assessment, evaluation and audit of the organisation, the ISO certification is issued.
If you need any sort of assistance related to the process of getting ISO certification, procedure, feel free to contact our business advisor at 8881-069-069.
Now you can easily avail online ISO certification services at the following zones:-
|ISO Certification in Delhi||ISO Certification in Pune||ISO Certification in Gurgaon|
|ISO Certification in Chennai||ISO Certification in Mumbai||ISO Certification in Bangalore|
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.