How to get Barcode Registration in India?
It can't be negated that quality is the first & foremost aspect of today’s era. In this age of globalization, quality assurance can be attained only by fulfilling global benchmarks. One way to achieve this aspect is by adopting GS1 Barcodes.
Truly, barcode registration is a desirable practice that can create a huge difference in wholesale & retail business, e-commerce, food business, healthcare and so on. Our government has also provided Financial Assistance on Barcode Registration.
Here we will discuss the significance of barcode registration and how to obtain Barcode Registration in India.
1. What is a Barcode?
A Barcode is a representation of vertical black & white lines for instantly encoding the product details such as:
- Product numbers,
- serial numbers,
- Batch numbers
- Price of the product
- Manufacturer details.
2. What is the importance of the GS1 barcode?
GS1 barcode plays a vital role in the supply chain. It enables all the participants of the supply chain such as transporters, wholesalers and retailers to identify products easily. A barcode is electronically scanned to fetch the product details faster and easier. This accelerates the entire supply chain and ensures accuracy and saves a lot of time.
3. Why is barcode registration important in India?
As we know, India has now become a globalized and digitalized economy.
- Nowadays, consumers mostly go with e-commerce portals, owing to their extensive product range and the great ease of shopping.
- Usually, the e-commerce portals seek more sellers, preferably the micro and small businesses in India on their platforms.
- However, the MSMEs do need to conform to the global standards to get the utmost advantage of this growing opportunity.
- This can be achieved by obtaining a Barcode Registration.
- As a matter of fact, the big retail chains e.g. Walmart, Spencer and Max Fashion accept only GS1 barcode.
- By adopting GS1 barcodes, the MSMEs can easily do business with big retail chains and prominent e-commerce portals.
4. What are the benefits of adopting GS1 barcode?
Given below are the key advantages of adopting GS1 barcodes for MSMEs:
- GS1 barcode enables faster listing of the products on e-commerce portals.
- The MSMEs operating online can enhance their SEO by adopting GS1 barcodes. The search engines generally provide precise search results of only those companies’ websites that have GS1 barcode registration. Hence, the GS1 barcodes enable easier visibility of the products online.
- With a GS1 barcode, MSMEs can manage a vast global clientele by fulfilling several buyer requirements at the same time.
5. How to obtain a GS1 barcode registration in India?
Here’s the process to obtain GS1 barcode registration in India:
- Duly file GS1 India barcode registration form, mentioning the “product classification sheet” showing the product category.
- Submit the following documents:-
- Letter of Request on the letterhead for the allocation of the GS1 company prefix number.
- Copy of latest balance sheet, for mentioning the company's annual turnover
- Copy of the PAN card
- GST registration certificate
- Upon careful examination of documents & information, our team will file the application for barcode registration.
- On successful barcode registration, we barcodes registration certificate along with GS1 barcode will be provided.
For any sort of guidance or assistance regarding the entire process of obtaining Barcode Registration, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.