Every year, India produces megatons of perishable goods in agriculture. However, The estimated yearly value of agri-product losses is currently $1 billion. This is proving to be a two-edged sword because we are receiving less produce for consumption and are being compelled to pay a premium price for the remaining food. As a result, there is a dire requirement for a sufficient and effective cold chain infrastructure from the farm to the consumer. In this article, we will comprehend Cold Storage Business, FSSAI Registration, and the Advantages of FSSAI Registration for Cold Storage Business.
What is the Cold Storage Business?
A cold storage unit is a walk-in freezer where perishable fruits, vegetables, or pharmaceuticals can be refrigerated. A cooling system or a Cold Storage Business is necessary for maintaining a thermal environment to prevent the effect of microbes on food and to extend the life of fruits and vegetables. It is one of the most profitable businesses in India. If you want to start a cold storage business in India, you must first create a clear business strategy. One of the things that are most important for a Cold Storage business is FSSAI Registration.
Understand the FSSAI Registration
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) grants Food Safety Licenses or registration to guarantee that FBOs adhere to food safety, cleanliness, and sanitary standards.
FSSAI Registration differs from FSSAI License. As per the government rules, FBOs should acquire the appropriate registration or license based on the size and type of their company.
Section 92 of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, and the Food Safety and Standards Regulation, 2011, both make it mandatory for an FBO to get an FSSAI license/registration.
To simplify, FSSAI provides a 14-digit registration or licensing number that appears on every food item. The 14-digit registration number provides information about the assembly state as well as the producer’s authorization. The purpose of this registration procedure is to make the FBO more accountable for maintaining the quality of the food items. Let us now read about the advantages of FSSAI Registration for a Cold Storage Business.
Advantages of FSSAI Registration for a Cold Storage Business
FSSAI Registration offers a large number of advantages to every business. However, there are some significant advantages that you must know. The advantages of FSSAI Registration for a cold storage business and other businesses relating to food are as follows.
- Consumers have grown more aware and informed about the quality of the food they consume in this era of information. With the rise in the number of different diets and good eating food alternatives, consumers need to know that what they’re eating is not only safe but also of high quality. As a result, obtaining an FSSAI registration gives you a major competitive advantage and aids in the development of trustworthiness among consumers
- Import food is easily regulated, manufactured, stored, distributed, and sold by obtaining FSSAI Registration or License.
- When an FBO or cold storage business is registered with the FSSAI, it is easy to raise funds from investors.
- The FSSAI logo, which is well known in the food industry, can secure customer goodwill. Furthermore, the FSSAI registration number displayed on the cold storage establishments indicates that the establishment meets the necessary cleanliness and quality requirements.
- According to ISO 17025, the FSSAI is also responsible for establishing processes and criteria for the quality assurance of the credited laboratories. This gives the consumers confidence that the food is safe to eat in every way since it follows the FSSAI Authority’s requirements.
Thus, to conclude advantages of fssai registration is that it can give legal benefits, promote goodwill, assure food safety, raise customer awareness, and aid in commercial expansion for a food business. As a Cold Storage Business, missing FSSAI Registration can seriously harm your business in the long run.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.