As we know that with the growing demand for online shopping, e-libraries and e-books created much more competition among booksellers and publishers to make their books available in every notch of the market. The concept of the e-book has increased the reach of authors to make their books available worldwide. The same is possible by selling books on eCommerce portals. Any author or publisher can sell books online with the help of this ISBN number.
An ISBN is required by publishers, booksellers, libraries, internet retailers to manage supply chain participants for ordering, listing, sales records, distinct title, edition & composition. In this article, we will discuss who can apply for ISBN and the importance of the ISBN Number.
Comprehend (International Standard Book Number) ISBN Registration
An ISBN is a “thirteen digit number” that incorporates five elements separated by hyphens, denotes the above-given information given either on the front or at the back of a book,
It holds information about a particular country, a particular publisher, and ends with a particular edition.
It is widely used by publishers, booksellers and libraries in managing stocks, ordering books, identifying author or book editions, managing sales data, stock control.
Prototypes of International Standard Book Number
The ISBN comes in two formats one is 10 the other one is 13, a three-digit is added to this number. This number is found near the barcode and starts with either 978 or 979.
Why do we need ISBN?
- If a publisher gets an ISBN then he/she gets an opportunity to list their products with online retailers, e-shopping websites, as well as with distributors.
- An ISBN will allow a user to identify as well as purchase a book, whether in e-libraries, bookstores, online retailers, distributors. So, it is important to get an ISBN number, if you intend to sell your books.
- An ISBN opens up an opportunity for more marketing methods for publishers to promote their books, paperback.
- If you are looking for a specific author that you can find with the help of the ISBN code listed at the back of a book.
Key Benefits of ISBN Number
- If a publisher wants to manage their books’ stock with ease if they have applied for an ISBN number.
- A user will easily locate a paperback.
- An author on the google e-books platform, as google needs an ISBN number to find a book.
Do the same books contain different ISBN numbers?
ISBN is intended to identify a particular edition of a book. A hardcover edition of a book contains a different ISBN number than a paperback edition. A revised edition of a book will require a different ISBN number if it contains the same title.
Who can apply for ISBN?
- A publisher who wants to publish a qualifying product for general sale in the market.
- A seller must require to have an ISBN for their product.
- Any author who wants to circulate his/her books in the public market must require an ISBN number.
- Any bookseller who wants to sell on e-commerce portals such as Amazon, Flipkart, need to apply for ISBN.
Moreover, if you require any other guidance concerning ISBN Registration, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and never miss the brand-new updates relating to your business.
2 thoughts on “Who can apply for ISBN?”
Good web site! I really love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I could be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!
A round of applause for your blog article. Really Cool.