Government eMarketplace (GeM) has accomplished work in the way of creation of a Unified Procurement System by integrating GeM with the Central Public Procurement Portal (CPPP) and incorporating the complete public buying for of products and providers onto a single platform. In this article, we will discuss on CPP merge with Gem for Government Tender.
CPPP Merge with Gem for Government Tender
Government eMarketplace (GeM) has performed work towards the origin of a Unified Procurement System by combining GeM with the Central Public Procurement Portal (CPPP) and consolidating the entire public buying of goods and services onto a single platform.
Benefits of Collaboration with Government Tender
There are various benefits for CPPP merge with Gem for Government Tender. Some of them are mentioned below-
- Alliance with Indian Railway Electronic Procurement System and the Defence Public Procurement Portal is underway would significantly improve the buying and selling experience for the Government departments.
- Now all the big government customers including railways, defence and public sector undertakings can publish their high-value tenders for determining order value exceeding Rs 50 lakh at the GeM portal
- The Unified Procurement System (UPS) will present a single user experience to customers and sellers and consolidate the scattered vendor bases on publishing portals onto GeM, pointing to better price discovery and dissemination of best practices in government procurement.
NOTE- The implementation of the UPS, the CEO stated to all central government buyers will be required to obtain a GeM Availability Report and Past Transaction Summary’ in accordance with an official notice of the Department of Expenditure to make informed procurement decisions.
Further Implementations for Government Tender
There is further implementation for the Government Tender. Some of them are –
- The total of 1,328 software processes with 242 major ones has been implemented from August last year till September 2020 for rendering a number of features and functionalities for transparent and cost-effective procurement at the Government portal.
- A further 325 software methods with 60 major ones are in the pipeline will enable large customers such as CPSEs, railways and defence to procure from GeM.
- Also, the portal renders a wide range of products from office stationery to vehicles such as Automobiles, computers, transportation, logistics, waste management, webcasting and analytics are listed on the portal.
If you need any kind of assistance on Government Tender, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and never miss the latest updates relating to your business.