Directions To Facilitate Food Business During Covid-19 is very important. As we all know Covid-19 crisis has a severe impact on India. Food safety has become an essential concern for everyone. Therefore, FSSAI has particular directions to Facilitate Food Business During Covid-19. In this article, we will read about all these Directions To Facilitate Food Business During Covid-19 in detail.
Why it issues Directions To Facilitate Food Business During Covid-19?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a self-governing body constituted in 2006. The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare establishes it under the Food Safety and Standards Act.
The primary goal of the FSSAI is to regulate the food industry and take appropriate measures to prevent food adulteration. In addition, it ensures the safety of food products.
Furthermore, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the only body that regulates and monitors the food, milk, and allied products industries and ensures food product quality standards.
Directions To Facilitate Food Business During Covid-19 by FSSAI
On April 20, 20211, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) made a press release. It covers the directions to facilitate food businesses during Covid-19. The directions are as follows.
- The Essential Services category will include Food import clearances and testing services provided by FSSAI’s notified laboratories (both public and private).
- After completing the FOSCOS application, new businesses will begin operating. However, it is essential to note that this is a temporary relief measure, and the companies must obtain the license/registration before the relaxation period ends.
- Except for high-risk food products, For Instance, milk and milk products, slaughterhouses, meat and meat products, and so on, there will be no mandatory inspections.
- There is no penalty for filing an FSSAI license renewal application late.
- Other than manufacturers, Food Business Operators (FBO) can temporarily operate their businesses. However, they need to provide a valid receipt of an FSSAI registration or FSSAI Licence application with a 17-digit Application Reference Number (ARN) created upon online application and fee payment on FoSCoS.
- On the basis of a valid receipt of an FSSAI Registration or License application having a 17-digit Application Reference Number (ARN), manufacturers can increase their capability.
- The deadline for 2020-21 returns has been extended until June 30th, 2021. Furthermore, All returns must be filed digitally via FOSCOS.
What is FSSAI Registration?
Whether it’s manufacturing, refining, packaging, shipping, or storing, it is mandatory to have an FSSAI registration or a food license if you work in the food industry.
However, there are some criteria. For example, a Food Business with a turnover of up to ₹12 Lacs needs Basic FSSAI registration. A state license is required if turnover is between ₹12 Lacs and ₹2 Crores.
What are the FSSAI Registration Benefits?
There are several benefits of having a food license or FSSAI Registration. Some of the most important ones are as follows.
- This certificate is a simple registration to meet your food startup’s requirements. In general, if your annual revenue is less than INR 12 lakhs, FSSAI Registration suffices to meet the legal requirements of doing business in India.
- The FSSAI License assures your customers that the food you prepare, store, or sell is of the highest quality and is in approval by regulatory authorities.
- FSSAI registration provides government grants and loans that are readily available to organisations.
If you require any kind of guidance related to the FSSAI Registration, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.