FSSAI vide Circular dated 23rd December 2020 has announced the launch of Food Safety Compliance System (FoSCoS) for Indian Railways w.e.f 01.01.2021. The upgraded statement of online food licensing and registration system was launched on 1st November 2020 and it shall be launched in Indian Railways w.e.f 01.01.2021 and FLRS shall be finished on 29 December 2020. In this article, we will discuss on FoSCoS for Indian Railway.
The essence of FSSAI Notification
FSSAI has upgraded from FLRS to FoSCoS to make food business assistance easy and reasonable for Food Business Operator.
- In the first phase, FoSCoS for Indian Railway inaugurated in nine States and Union territory comprising Gujarat, Goa, Delhi, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Chandigarh, Puducherry and Ladakh.
- FoSCoS renovates the existing online Food Licensing and Registration System and users of these States/UTs are now compelled to visit the official website of FoSCoS and login through same user ids and passwords for any services.
- Food Business Operators having FSSAI Registration of premises at Indian Railways and concerned Councils are compelled to operate at Food Licensing and Registration System (FLRS) till further announcement.
- Food Business Operators (pan-India) will continue to receive Consumer Grievances and shall respond to these in a time-bound manner at FLRS only.
- Note: FBOs and Authorities are compelled to visit FLRS regularly for Consumer Grievance Module until its upgraded version is developed in FoSCoS.
The objective of the FoSCoS on Railways
Basic purposes of the Food Safety and Compliance System (FoSCoS) is as follows:
- To create a region and state-wise food safety Compliance matrix of the country
- FoSCoS is expanded to create a Food safety compliance verification platform.
- For reducing the time of the Inspection method and action initiated.
- This platform is inaugurated to build a transparent system within the inspections frame.
- For creating a strategy to authenticate and validate the inspection reports.
- To guarantee that the inspections are done and without any deviations. Read Official Notification
However, if you have required any further direction as regards the FSSAI registration, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and never miss the latest updates associating to your business.