Starting an Ice Cream parlour business is a dream of many. In India, the opportunities for ice cream parlours are expanding. The ice cream infatuation lasts all year, but then it becomes more of a yearning during the summer months. People have moved on from eating low-cost ice cream cones on the side of the road to visiting posh ice cream parlours and sampling a broad range of excellent, delicious ice creams. However, Starting an Ice Cream Parlour Legally requires you to have some license. One such important license is FSSAI License. This article informs you all about FSSAI License for Ice Cream Parlour.
What is an Ice Cream Parlour?
An Ice Cream Parlour is a place or a shop that sells customers ice cream, gelato, sorbet, and frozen yogurt Regular ice cream, gelato, and soft-serve ice cream are the most common types of ice cream served. Soft serve ice cream is often delivered by a machine with a restricted range of flavors. Ice cream parlours are expected to offer a variety of ice cream flavours and products. These Ice Cream Parlours or Shops can be found almost everywhere from your nearest market to shopping malls.
Learn about the FSSAI
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is a self-governing agency. It was founded in 2006 under the Food Safety and Standards Act. The primary goal of the FSSAI is to monitor the food industry and take appropriate measures to prevent food adulteration.
Much food-related legislation, including the Prevention of Food Adulteration Act of 1954, the Vegetable and Oil Control Act of 1947, and others, have been consolidated under the FSSAI. Now, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the only organization in charge of regulating and monitoring the food, milk, and related goods industries, as well as ensuring food product quality standards.
What is an FSSAI License?
All food business operators (FBO) in India must get a food license from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). Every FBO needs an FSSAI License or Registration, which is determined by a variety of parameters such as the scale of the business, the type of the food business activities managed, and the scope of operations. The FBO will receive a 14-digit code after fulfilling the FSSAI Registration or License procedure, which must be displayed on all food packaging. Furthermore, important things to know about FSSAI License are as follows.
- Firstly, Basic FSSAI registration is required for food businesses with a revenue of up to 12 lacs. If your turnover is between 12 lacs and 2 crores, you’ll require a state license.
- Secondly, The FSSAI registration or food license is dependant on the geographic location. If a food business has many sites, it is necessary to get multiple FSSAI licenses.
- FSSAI licenses are divided into two categories: state-level licenses and central-level food licenses.
- Small and medium-sized FBOs must have a state license, whereas large-scale FBOs must obtain a central license.
- Lastly, The FSSAI registration is only valid for a certain amount of time, usually 1 to 5 years. Before the term expires, the individual must file for FSSAI Renewal.
Importance of FSSAI License for Ice Cream Parlour
The FSSAI License is very important for every business including Ice Cream Parlours. The reasons are as follows.
- Firstly, The FSSAI Registration certificate is a fundamental registration that will allow you to start your Ice Cream Parlour business. In general, if your yearly revenue is less than INR 12 lakhs, FSSAI Registration and FSSAI License satisfy the legal requirements for conducting business in India.
- Many charges of food adulteration and the use of inexpensive, dangerous additives have been leveled against the Ice Cream Parlours. Your Ice Cream Parlour is protected by a food license from such charges. A food license certifies that your ice cream product is safe to eat and has no negative health effects.
- Aside from ensuring that your Ice Cream Products are safe, a food license ensures the consumers that your products are of extremely high quality. A quality check is done at the same time as the food inspection. This quality test guarantees that your Ice Cream product meets a good quality level, which gives your consumers a sense of security.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.