It has been made mandatory by the Goods and Service Tax (GST) Department to input the precise Google location of the premises while filing a new GST Registration application or when Adding a New Place of Business at the time of GST Registration amendment. In this article, you will understand the latest updates as Google Map Location is mandatory for GST Registration.
What is GST Registration?
GST registration is the mechanism by which a taxpayer becomes registered under the Goods and Services Tax (GST). Following the registration procedure, the Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN) is provided.
The Central Government supplies the 15-digit GSTIN, which assists in establishing tax registration if a firm is needed to pay GST.
GST regulations mandate that any firm with a taxable revenue of more than Rs. 40 lakhs register as a normal taxable entity.
For companies in hill states and North-Eastern states, the annual threshold is 10 lakh rupees.
GST registration may be accomplished swiftly and efficiently using our portal.
Latest Update: Google Map Location Mandatory for GST Registration
Google Maps is a digital mapping platform and consumer application provided by Google. There is a wide range of options for viewing satellite images, aerial photography, Streetview, and 360° interactive views of the streets, as well as real-time traffic conditions.
Google Location must now be entered for the precise location of the premises as part of the registration process and any subsequent amendments made on the GST portal.
Key Points in New Update of Google Map Location Mandatory
- The addition of a map tile and the ability to drag and drop an address pinhead to the exact position of the applicant’s address is included.
- The different address input areas provided in the program will immediately populate with the relevant data after they have been selected.
- PIN Codes have been connected to address fields so that macro-level address entry fields can be auto-filled depending on the entry in one of these fields. On inputting the PIN, for example, the relevant State and Districts will be pre-filled.
- Similarly, If the user prefers, he or she can also utilize the address input fields’ suggested dropdown menus to choose the most acceptable address field (s). This will minimize the number of address mistakes and make it easier for the user to fill in the correct address fields.
- All important address fields have been grouped together to avoid misunderstanding when entering the required information.
- Latitude and longitude are pre-populated based on the user’s address information, and they can’t be edited.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.