As we know the wood and wooden furniture consider as the basic requirement of every business. Although, the GST rates will be imposed in various categories, 12%, 18% and 28%. In this article, we will discuss GST on wood and wooden furniture and also the significance of GST Registration.
Before knowing about the procedure, now you need to ensure some details about the GST (Goods and Services tax).
Know About GST
GST is an absolute Indirect Tax that is to imposed on sale, manufacture, and consumption of goods and services over the nation. It is a separate tax suitable for the accumulation of goods from the manufacturer to the user. GST is important only on value addition at each stage. Although, GST registration is mandatory for registering business of courier agencies.
Rate of GST on Wood and Wooden Furniture
GST Rate levied on Wood and Wooden furniture in various aspects –
Wood and Wooden Furniture Considering 12% GST for:-
- Cement Bonded Particle Board
- Jute Particle Board
- Rice Husk Board
- Glass-fibre Reinforced Gypsum Board (GRG)
- Sisal-fibre Boards
- Bagasse Board
- Cotton Stalk Particle Board
Wood and Wooden Products Considering 18% GST for:-
- Wood in the rough
- Sawn wood or chipped
- Pitch bonded bamboo mat board, with or without veneer in between
- Bamboo flooring tiles
- Tableware and Kitchenware of wood
Wood and Wooden Products Considering 28% GST for:-
- Plywood, veneered panels and similar laminated wood.
- Densified wood, in blocks, plates, strips, or form shapes.
- Wooden frameworks for paintings, photographs, mirrors or similar objects.
- Builders’ joinery and carpentry of wood.
SAC Code applicable for Wood and Wooden Furniture
The following SAC (Service Accounting Code) has established for the wooden furniture in India.
- 9988 Manufacturing services on physical inputs
- 99883 Wood and paper manufacturing services
- 998831 Wood and wood product manufacturing services
Download E-Startup Mobile App and never miss the newest updates relating to your business.