It is mandatory for a medical store to register for GST if its annual turnover is above a certain threshold. It’s Rs. 20 lakhs for all save the North-Easter Hilly states, which have a ceiling of Rs. 10 lakhs set by the GST Council. You will be learning how to apply for a GST Registration for a Medical Shop in India through this article.
What is GST?
GST stands for Goods and Service Tax. Each and every person that deals with the distribution of products and services in the country is required to pay this tax. The government implemented GST as a single tax for the entire country.
Who needs GST Registration?
According to the Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, any business with a turnover of Rs. 20 lakh and above must register for GST. For north-eastern and hill states, the turnover threshold for GST registration is Rs. 10 lakh. In addition, the following individuals also need to complete GST registration online and acquire unique 15-digit GSTIN:
- Individuals making the inter-state supply of taxable goods and services
- Individuals with taxability under reverse charge
- Non-resident taxable individuals
- Individuals eligible for tax deduction under section 37
- Individuals supplying goods and services on behalf of any other registered taxpayer in the capacity of an agent or any other manner
- Individuals acting as distributors of input service
- All e-commerce operators
- Aggregators supplying services under a new brand or trade name
- Any other individual or group of individuals notified by the Central or State Government as per the GST Council’s recommendations
Importance of GST Registration for Medical Shop
The Gujarat bench of the Authority for Advance Rulings (AAR) has decided that all medical stores owned by charity trusts or currently participating in the selling of medical supplies at a discounted cost must register for GST.
As a charity organization, the applicant wanted to know if medical stores maintained by a charitable trust are needed to register for GST and if medical stores supplying medications at a discounted rate fell within the category of supply of products.
As per section 2 of the CGST Act, 2017, paragraph 108, medicines are deemed a taxable supply and GST is levied on medicines in accordance with Chapter 30 of the HSN code, the Gujarat Bench held that medical stores managed by charity organizations must register. Furthermore, as per GST rules, medical stores must register if their yearly turnover exceeds the threshold limit.
Thus, In order to run a medical supply shop, you must get GST Registration online.
Document Requirement for GST Registration Online
- PAN Card
- Company Registration Documents
- Photographs and address proof of Business Owners
- Business Address Proof
- Bank Account Details
- Digital Signature Certificate
Process to Apply for GST Registration
- Understand the Eligibility of your business under GST
- Consult a CA or GST Practitioner for Document Requirement and Preparation.
- Go to https://www.gst.gov.in/ and fill out the GST Registration Application form or get it done by professionals.
Moreover, If you want any other guidance relating to GST Return Filing or GST Registration, please feel free to talk to our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.