GST Registration status by ARN is an important step to check the application status. GST was launched, focusing on the online taxation system. Therefore the whole process of GST Registration and GST Return Filing is online. The online system allows you several features that you can access at the comfort of your home or office. One such feature is to check GST Registration status by ARN. In this article, you will get to know about the detailed procedure of how to check GST Registration status by ARN.
What is GST and GST Registration?
GST is an indirect taxation system in India. The full form of GST is the Goods and Services Tax, and it is a multi-stage and consumption-based tax.
The GST levied on the supply of goods and services at all stages from manufacturing to the final consumption of goods and services. It replaces several other indirect taxes, for example, VAT, Service Tax, excise duty, etc.
It reduces the cascading effect of taxes. Therefore, many people voluntarily enroll under GST. Enrollment under GST is known as GST Registration in India.
Furthermore, many businesses having turnover more or equal to the prescribed limit mandatorily need to have GST Registration.
What happens if you don’t obtain GST Registration?
If you do not obtain GST Registration while having a tax liability, it is a serious financial fraud. In this case, you can face a penalty of up to Rs. 10,000/- or you will have to pay the amount of tax evasion, whichever is higher.
Furthermore, you won’t be able to generate e-way bills. As a result, you can not transfer products worth more than Rs. 50,000 to another state. In this case, the authorities can also detain your goods and vehicles.
What is the ARN Number?
- ARN is simply an application reference number, and it is a number that you get after successfully applying for GST Registration.
- The GST ARN helps you in tracking the status of your application. You can use the GST ARN on the official GST portal.
- One can also use GST ARN to communicate with the government authorities about GST applications.
- The GST ARN automatically generates on the GST portal after successful application submission. Thus, the Application Reference Number (ARN) acts as an advance authentication before getting a GSTIN or a GST Certificate.
- You don’t need an ARN after getting a GSTIN or a GST Certificate.
Know about the Format of ARN to check GST Registration status by ARN
The GST ARN is a 15-digit number, and it has both alphabets and numerals. The 15-digit alphanumeric code contains the following information:
- The first two codes are letters of the alphabet, and the following two numbers represent the state code.
- The next four digits indicate the month and year.
- Then a system generates a unique six-digit number.
- Lastly, The final code depicts checksum digits.
Stepwise method to check GST Registration status by ARN
There are essentially two methods to check GST Registration status by name. The first method is for first-time GST Registration applicants that allow you to check GST Registration status by ARN without Login. The second method doesn’t work for first-time applicants of GST Registration and allows you to check GST Registration status by ARN after logging in. Let’s discuss both these methods.
Check GST Registration Status by ARN after Logging in
- Visit the official GST Portal and log in.
- Go to the ‘Services’ section and click on ‘Track Application Status.’
- Select the option ‘Registration’ from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Select either the Submission Date or Enter the ARN.
- Download the acknowledgment after clicking on the Download link.
Check GST Registration status by ARN without Logging in
- Visit the official government portal of GST at – https://www.gst.gov.in/.
- Navigate the ‘Services’ option. Click on ‘Registration’ and then on ‘Application Status.’
- Under ‘Application Status,’ select the option of ‘Registration’ from the menu that appears.
- Now, type the ARN and fill in the captcha. Click on Search Button.
- If the ARN number is valid and entered correctly, it will show you the current application status of the GST Registration.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.